Skip to content
VIP Pass for Richie...

Notifications
Clear all

VIP Pass for Richie Kotzen! (Pics Included)

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Going to the show in NYC tomorrow. Will be at the sound check around 4:30pm and then will hang with Richie before the show starts. I can't wait. Will certainly take some pics and share with you all.

Full report after the show!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 25/05/2010 1:44 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Cool man!! Can't wait to see those pics!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 25/05/2010 4:01 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

What a great show. Was able to meet Richie...he's really a great guy. If you are not familiar with his stuff, do yourself a favor and pick up at least one song. I would suggest "Let Me In". This song makes my toes curl up in my shoes each time I hear it just based on the tone he is getting in both rythym and lead. Here's a few pics from the show!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 01/06/2010 12:44 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Awesome! That was great - glad you were there. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:18 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Kotzen is an awesome guitarist. I remember him in the Mr Big band.

And his guitar is good, too. A friend has it. I was checking the pictures and I think he was using his own signature Tele.

Thanks for the pictures! :D

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:19 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Sounds like a cool experience.

What did you guys chat about?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:05 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Nuno- Yes, he is VERY good guitarist. I'd have to say one of the best I've ever seen. And yes, he does have a signature guitar. If I were to ever own a Tele, it would most likely be that one.

Kent- You bet! Is was an awesome experience. Being able to hang out with him during the sound check was really cool. Back stage we mainly talked about music. I asked him how he got his tone on a specific song. The one I recommended - "Let Me In". I actually did tell him that the song makes my toes curl up in my shoes each time I hear it. He got a good laugh out of that. (I was serious) :oops: He thought about it and said he wasn't sure. As he recalled, he said " I can't remember. I think I was just plugging S*&@T in"

We talked about bands they listen to and then (go figure) the discussion turned to instraments. The rest of the band (Bassist and Drummer) were really nice as well.

Posted : 02/06/2010 5:05 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Kewl, man! Sounds like a good night. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 02/06/2010 9:00 am