Clear all

I'm in the hospital and not working

35 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, my cat Louie is an indoor cat. He got out today. He was freaking out. I picked him up to bring him in and I took a bad bite to the knuckle of the middle finger on my right hand. I thought a tetanus shot and some antibiotics would be nice. My doctor thought a tetanus shot and IV antibiotics would be nice. So ....... here I sit in room 211. Least I got internet.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 24/05/2010 11:09 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

OUCH! I went through a badly infected cat bite in my finger when I had to put poor old Cally down a year and a half ago. (She was choking from a throat tumor.) I held her while the injection was given, and she bit my finger. Certainly can't blame her. It didn't seem to involve a joint, and I went with the tetanus shot and oral Augmentin. Took longer than I hoped to get well, and it got very stiff and painful. Hope you bounce back faster than I did!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 24/05/2010 11:28 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Now don't tell me that Ric! Your giving me ammo to plead my case to get out of here. :lol: You are right though, the joint is what got me the IV antibiotics. So far it is swelling in a circular pattern not following the tendon sheath so that is giving me encouragement. It is still a nasty cellulitis though. My doctor is the best doctor in the hospital (benifit of working here) so I should do fine. He had ortho look at it and they are following me as well. I'm doing Zosyn 4.5 Gm IV Q8H. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll keep you posted. :wink:

Posted : 24/05/2010 11:49 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I did feel teeth scrape bone, and could have gotten the flexor tendon punctured. But I got over it.

Posted : 24/05/2010 11:56 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Surprising how much you have in common. That darn cat! :evil:

Oh BTW, don't look out your window at the hospital...

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 25/05/2010 12:10 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Too funny BlueJay! My doc was just in, told him about Dr. Ric and his experience. Wanted to know if I posted a picture for him to see it. Sure did! :mrgreen:

Posted : 25/05/2010 12:28 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

WOW. You are showing great restraint by not booting the cat out of the house. Espescially if the cat is on your DNR list. Hope you are feeling better. Tha was some bite!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 25/05/2010 1:28 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

ANY cat or human bite on the hand is especially dangerous in terms of getting infected. Nasty mouth flora in both cases.

Posted : 25/05/2010 1:38 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Surprising how much you have in common. That darn cat! :evil:

Oh BTW, don't look out your window at the hospital...

OH MY!!! That's about the way cats are though!! Vengeful furrys!!

Get well TR, hope you escape the trappings of the hospital un-scathed!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 25/05/2010 4:03 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear that TR! :(

Take care.

Posted : 25/05/2010 7:53 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

:shock: :shock:
Dang Dude! That's nasty. I hope you caught it all in time to not have further creepie crawlies like 'Ric did. At least it was the picking hand. :?

Pets get to be like part of the family. Not hard to understand why one would endure this over a protection or being afraid issue. I got lucky one time. Instead of the bite, this one cat knew I was the help and he clung to me on two seperate occasions.

I am afraid that I am going to have a rough go of it as one of the two rescue dogs will surly be a biter if startled when she gets older. She's part doberman.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/05/2010 8:29 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah Roy, I was counting the picking hand blessings too. I'm afraid this is gonna mess with my golf grip though. :lol: Actually, it couldn't possibly cause me to be any worse at that. Ahhhh ..... everything isn't as easy as guitar. :oops: :roll:

Posted : 25/05/2010 10:24 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ouch, that looks nasty, TR! Counting my blessings, I have two dogs.....

Hope you're healed and rockin' again before long. I guess you won't be learning/playing THIS SONG anytime soon.....

Sorry mate, couldn't resist! All the best....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/05/2010 11:25 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Alas Vic but it's already part of my repitoire!

Posted : 25/05/2010 12:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah Roy, I was counting the picking hand blessings too. I'm afraid this is gonna mess with my golf grip though. :lol: Actually, it couldn't possibly cause me to be any worse at that. Ahhhh ..... everything isn't as easy as guitar. :oops: :roll:
I bet trying to golf for a few days would ruin your game for the whole summer. Adjust the swing to be less painful and poof, swing gone. Like an absolute idiot, I tried to golf on Mother's Day Weekend. I probably set my head healing back at least a month. :evil: :evil: :x :x

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/05/2010 1:12 pm
Page 1 / 3