Clear all

I'm in the hospital and not working

35 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

OK Number one ...... the hospital sucks even more when they aren't paying you to be here.

The orthopedist stopped by with his boy wonder PA Josh and they decided I don't need surgery. Did I mention they were considering filleting my hand open?

Everyone keeps asking if I'm having pain and telling me, sorry this will hurt. I wander around here at work with my bad back just shredded and the ligament in the joint on my left foot just killing me and nobody asks if it hurts when I am request to assist in the lifting of a 350 lb dowager! My hip and knee pop and all I get is a "What was that!" "Did you fart?" Now it's how is your pain? What pain? I have spent the better part of my forties learning to ignore pain and I'm darn good at it thank you. No your tetanus shot didn't & STILL DOESN'T hurt. No I didn't feel the IV you started and the lab tech was no more than a mosquito. Most of all I don't need anything for my hand but a guitar pick and my favorite slab!

Sorry for the rant.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 25/05/2010 7:18 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Ouch, hope you get well soon

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 25/05/2010 7:44 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, I'm sorry you're going through a bad day. I hope it gets better real soon. Gotta be a stash of something around there somewhere. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/05/2010 8:26 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

My hip and knee pop and all I get is a "What was that!" "Did you fart?"

Ok ,that made me laugh out loud! My sister is currently in the hospital, so I feel your pain. (pardon the expression) :roll:

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 25/05/2010 9:51 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

When I fart, nobody asks me "Did your knee just pop?" :mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/05/2010 10:01 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

TR sorry to hear about the bite and all. wishing you a fast recovery.
BTW, is this the culprit?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 25/05/2010 10:24 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

When I fart, nobody asks me "Did your knee just pop?" :mrgreen:
One of my dogs cannot control herself walking up the stairs. Farts 1/2 way up them with regularity.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/05/2010 11:31 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Best to walk up ahead of her.

Posted : 26/05/2010 3:03 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You guys are funny ... thanks. Yeah, point being I'm fine, I can hack alot more than this and let me out of here. :lol: I have taken exactly 2 Tylenol in the last 3 years and have yet to take a thing for this little boo boo. In best Monty Python voice "It's only a flesh wound!"

Dogbite ....... Do I have to change my handle to Catbite now?

Speaking of farts ...... don't think the antibiotics have killed off enough natural intestinal flora yet but I expect to be hearing from the winds of change soon. Probably be more dramatic once I switch over to the oral stuff. Anyone got tab for "They Call Me the Breeze"?

Do they have a patch for guitar withdrawl?

Posted : 26/05/2010 6:58 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

You can smuggle an iPod in a chip bag, but it may not cure guitar withdrawal? I hope you're feeling better.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 26/05/2010 11:58 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks BlueJay. I'm actually feeling fine and since I have worked here for 30+ years no smggling required for anything. :lol: If I do have to stay another night I may send for a guitar. :mrgreen: :note1: :note2:

Posted : 26/05/2010 12:14 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Maybe we can smuggle a Uke in. :?: :?:

8)

Roy

Posted : 26/05/2010 12:55 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Took some arm twisting but I'm going home this evening after my next dose of IV antibiotics. The AC is broken and it is horrible in here. It's hot and smells. I'll switch to oral meds and continue treatment at home. Thanks for keeping me company and cheered up everyone! :D I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of the hand.

Posted : 26/05/2010 4:31 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow TR I didn't think a cat bite would require an overnight stay in the hospital. learn something new everyday, but good to see that you are bustin out, I'm sure you can't wait.

Go home and blast out some "Cat Scratch Fever"

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 26/05/2010 5:48 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

WOO-HOO!

Posted : 26/05/2010 7:36 pm
Page 2 / 3