Clear all

Well I got married again.

38 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hey all, Yup I tied the not for the very last time a two weeks ago today. she's a wonderful woman. Anyways my buddy and I have been enclosing a garage for all the kids the last few months on a time restriction. Which meant very little time to play with the new wife or the guitars.

Well the two new rooms are done except for the carpet and furniture(they're living in the rooms now).

My oldest daughter decided to come home, she actually owns the schecter I've been playing so I lost my only guitar that I can play with more than 21 frets. The strat has 21(ordered a new neck from Warmoth, 6 week wait), the Jackson Kelly hurts my shoulder(tore my rotator cuff). My wonderful wife said lets go look at guitars. Lots of nice stuff in there.

I have never really like to play stuff there because two million people play them, they are nasty and grungy and don't have my setup. Well I've been chomping at the bit for a Les Paul. So with out further Ado, my new addition to the family.

Posted : 10/08/2008 4:58 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Wow! New wife and a new guitar? What more can you want!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 10/08/2008 5:07 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Rich wife, hot mistress, new guitar?

Posted : 10/08/2008 5:11 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

She loves to hear me play. And it keeps me home and not out looking at other women, drinking in bars or gambling :lol:

Nope we're not rich. The guitar is an Epiphone, on sale at GC for $449.00. Chinese made.

Never really played a LP much but I can say a few good things about this one. It has that LP sound that only a LP really has(some do come real close though), the finger board is almost flat(maybe .003 relief), a little less then 4 64th action and almost no buzz at all, and the thing I love the most from this guitar. I don't turn myself down while playing.

Posted : 10/08/2008 5:22 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the guitar & the wife! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/08/2008 6:27 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/08/2008 6:35 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Sid, looks like things are on the up at long last.....doesn't seem like five minutes ago since you were having major problems. Good to hear things are getting better for you, and here's hoping they continue to get better.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/08/2008 6:36 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)
Congratulations and best wishes!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 10/08/2008 7:02 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Wow Nice Guitar,

I'd say she's a keeper. The Wife I Mean :lol:

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 10/08/2008 7:14 pm
(@alangreen)

I most definitely wish you luck dude.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 10/08/2008 7:52 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on both counts!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 10/08/2008 8:03 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Yes, congratulations. Sorry for the disconnect but I was answering Kathy's question.

Though after 20 years of marriage you do understand the joke:

Guy 1: I got a guitar for my wife.
Guy 2: Good trade!

Posted : 10/08/2008 9:03 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Congratulations on the marrage and that guitar is beautiful. I got a Black one a very short while ago and it's all I have played since. I on the other hand though am very acustomed to a Les Paul. Started with a Les Paul Custom copy back in 1978 and got my first Gibson one in 1982. I've had one ever since. Or two or three or whatever. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 10/08/2008 9:04 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Yes, congratulations. Sorry for the disconnect but I was answering Kathy's question.

Though after 20 years of marriage you do understand the joke:

Guy 1: I got a guitar for my wife.
Guy 2: Good trade!

LOL, yeah, that would be my last wife. Great trade.

Posted : 10/08/2008 10:19 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Congrats! I was worried when I read "...Again" but sounds like you're off to a good start. All the best.
Nice axe too!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 10/08/2008 11:38 pm
Page 1 / 3