Clear all

What would you do if

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member
Topic starter

What would you do if you came home from shopping, and looked out the window and saw a couple of strangers out front looking at your house?
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/11/10/dylan-young.html
http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2008/11/12/7381596-sun.html

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 12/11/2008 2:22 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL, great story!

If I looked out and found Dylan on my front lawn? I'd make sure there were a few neighbours outside, and say in a loud voice, "Bobby, Bobby, Bobby - how many times do I have to tell you not to come around while I'm writing? No, I can't come on tour with you - I've got my own songs to work on, now go away and quit bugging me!"

Yeah, right - I'd probably have a heart attack on the spot, and be so flustered all that'd come out of my mouth would be complete gibberish!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/11/2008 4:32 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Blues guitarist friend of mine named Billy Crawford came home one day to find his block cordoned off by the police. "Must have been a wreck or something," he said to himself. Parked and walked home. Found two guys sitting on his front steps with their heads down. "Excuse me," he said. "Yeah?" They looked up. Joe Perry and Steven Tyler. "I live here," Billy said. They said "Excuse us," got up and started to leave. He told them he was a blues guitarist, and they stayed and chatted with him a few minutes. "What's this 'Down Home' place?" they asked him. "We saw John Lee Hooker's name on the marquee." "Aw man, you guys just missed it. He played there Thursday night." They chatted about musical stuff for a bit longer and the two went back to work. They were filming the video for Rag Doll in the Sigma Nu fraternity house across the street.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 12/11/2008 7:37 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Here's what I see. I would come running out of my house. Acoustic guitar in one hand, permanent marker in the other. (Camera strapped around my neck) I'm sure Dylan has become quite fluent in gibberish over the years so as I uttered "B,B,B,B,B,B,B,B, and waved the marker in front of his face, he'd know what I wanted. Either that or I'd soil myself in the house and would not be able to greet him in the yard for fear of being embarrassed. (How's that for painting a picture??)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 13/11/2008 3:09 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I'd ask him what the heck he was saying in the 2nd verse of Subterranean Homesick Blues. :D

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 13/11/2008 8:21 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I'd ask him what the heck he was saying in the 2nd verse of Subterranean Homesick Blues. :D
+10 :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 13/11/2008 9:09 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I would ask him (Dylan) the meaning of most of his songs anyway... :mrgreen:

Posted : 16/11/2008 5:55 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I would yell 'hey Hoser, don't step in my flower bed!' then ask him if he really recorded 'Blood on the Tracks' down the street in that small warehouse building with the windows covered. there is a rumor that he did record that album on the corner of 25th street and 26th avenue in Minneapolis. it's just blocks from my home. the building is one story, no signs, very very discreet. I have never seen anyone or thing come out or in. so yeah, Bobby. did ya?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 16/11/2008 2:25 pm