Whats in a name?

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I have noticed that some folks change their names/nicks. How is that done? Is that something I can do or would a mod have to do it? I have gathered up quite a list of names around the internet in the past few years and I kind of want to get everything down to one name.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/05/2008 10:49 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Hey Jim! I am looking at doing that as well. It appears that it can be done by you. Click on the "User Control Panel." Then click on the "Profile" tab. Then go to "Edit Account Settings."

Try it and let me know how it goes.

Jim

Posted : 01/05/2008 12:46 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yea, you can change your password and email address there but not the name... Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/05/2008 12:52 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

This reminds me of one of my alltime favorite tee-shirts. "When all else fails, manipulate the data."

Of course, you need a gui attached to the db........ I digress.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/05/2008 1:22 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Of course, you need a gui attached to the db........ I digress.

Hey....no talking shop. That's what I do all day is talk about databases and data relationships. Seems that relationships are difficult even for data.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 01/05/2008 1:53 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You guys keep it up and I am going to stop chatting about guitars and go back to configuring networks.

Jim

Posted : 01/05/2008 1:54 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Ask Nick to change it for you! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/05/2008 2:05 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Ah yes, then he gives you a prison handle and a verse in one of his songs ... sweeeeeeeet!

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 01/05/2008 2:10 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ah yes, then he gives you a prison handle and a verse in one of his songs ... sweeeeeeeet!
:shock: Nevermind... Geoo is fine. :lol:

Jim

Posted : 01/05/2008 2:46 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

My bad, Jim.....sorry.

Jim

Posted : 01/05/2008 3:08 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

:shock: Nevermind... Geoo is fine. :lol:

Jim

LOL!! :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/05/2008 6:13 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ask Nick for a new nick(name)?

Nah, just register with a new one.

It's like being reincarnated . . . only better . . . you don't have to die.

(Oh yeh, almost forgot . . . (Re:What's in a Name?) . . . . you still smell as sweet)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 02/05/2008 12:11 am