Notifications
Clear all

where are the MP3's?

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nottmuk)
Topic starter

First of all I would like to say what a great site this is - I stumbled on it in error but what a fantastic find - this is exactly what I have been looking for, Thankyou.

My query is this, on the lessons you mention that they come with MP3 files to listen to, in fact I have been to the audio lessons page but no where on any of the lessons can I find the related MP3 files?...are they still there or have they been removed?.
Is it me just being silly?...I just cannot find them at all.

Posted : 06/03/2004 7:15 pm
(@davidhodge)

In various parts of the lessons themselves (usually right after some notation and TAB), you'll see this icon in red that says "play MP3." Just click on that.

Some poepl have trouble with getting the MP3s to download. For instance, I have to right click on the icon and then click on "save target as" to get it to my computer.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Posted : 06/03/2004 8:30 pm
(@nottmuk)
Topic starter

You know, I thought that might be the answer even before I posed the question but I really searched hard too before posting in case I was just being daft - but I just cannot find one !!! I will go and have another look - its driving me nuts. - its harder than learning to play guitar looking for MP3's. lol

Posted : 06/03/2004 8:45 pm
(@nottmuk)
Topic starter

OK - Now either I am going crazy or I am already crazy but for the heck of me I cannot find any link to an MP3?

specifically I have been looking on page:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=409 which refers to MP3 files and I have clicked "edit" "find" and searched on MP3 but that only finds the words describing that there IS an MP3 but I did not find any links to one - and I have looked really really hard honestly ! - I am not a computer newbie so I do know and understand what a link is but honestly there is not one on that page...lol.  
I was also looking for one on a horse with no name tutorial and cannot find one there - I have searched other "audio" lessons to no avail.
Please tell me its not me?

Posted : 06/03/2004 9:16 pm
(@nottmuk)
Topic starter

oh one other thing....this may be related
on the wish you were here tutorial,
I quote
"The little slash notation means to use a partial chord stroke. You'll also note I've been kind enough in these examples to indicate both down and up strokes. Anything to be of assistance!"

well I cannot see where you are describing the strum direction?... all I get in the tab is / / / on the 3rd string but no where does it state the strum direction or the down and up strokes?...am i missing something?...sorry to be a pain.
thanks

Posted : 06/03/2004 9:24 pm
(@alangreen)

Hiya,

The mp3's are there on that article - the first one is underneath the first notation section. If you clck on the play mp3 icon, they should load up in whatever you useto play mp3's  - I use media player which starts automatically.

Are you using a text only display?

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 07/03/2004 8:46 am
(@davidhodge)

well I cannot see where you are describing the strum direction?... all I get in the tab is / / / on the 3rd string but no where does it state the strum direction or the down and up strokes?...am i missing something?...sorry to be a pain.
thanks

You're not being a pain at all - the strum directions are in the first MP3, which is why they're not in the text! If you follow along with the notes, each measure is:

Down   Down Up   Up Down      Down Up     Up

Hope this helps.  And I'll also be interested to know why your computer doesn't "see" the icons...

Peace

Posted : 07/03/2004 12:54 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

NottmUK,

I checked out the page in question: https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=409
and found the "play MP3" icons listed as well. Even clicked on the first one, & it did work. I use Real Player, and it puts the MP3 in my temp folder when I click the link, then plays it in Real Player. I would suggest checking to see if you are using text only display like Alan suggested. Hope you can get it fixed. Good luck & welcome to Guitar Noise!  8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/03/2004 2:51 pm
(@nottmuk)
Topic starter

OK Thanks for bearing with me everyone, I have found out what the problem was...
I KNEW the Links were there because I looked at the source code for the page and could see exactly WHERE the links should be...in fact I navigated to the directory where the audio files are and actually found the MP3's but there was still no link showing on my page. A real mystery...I am using Windows XP with a 2000+ processer - fx5200 vid card...512kb ram - should be no probs there - I am using MS explorer 6...again normal stuff nothing unusual I am sure you will agree, and no, I am not using text only display on explorer.

The Problem was Zone Alarm firewall - I just closed that down, refreshed the page and there are the little orange links !!! - Zone alarm was blocking them for some reason - I do keep the security level fairly high but it just shows to go that you dont know just what you are missing sometimes?. I wonder how much stuff I miss on other web pages because it is filtering bits out?

Hope this at least helps you to solve the problem for anyone else that may come accross it - it was frustrating me no end !!!

Again well done on the site - its superb

Posted : 07/03/2004 5:28 pm