Clear all

Where has TR been?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It has been nice here, we had our 2 weeks of summer we get up here and I had 9 days off. I was so busy I wasn't on my computer at all and one member here was actually concerned enough to PM me. 8) Well, I have been outside alot, playing golf, watching baseball and of course, playing guitar. I did go to The Hottest Chick N Wing Festival in Syracuse NY. It was awsome. A 2 day event with bikes, boats babes and Rock & Roll. I went the second day because Blue Oyster Cult was the headliner. The day I went there were 5 bands, 4 local and BOC. Admission was free, food was reasonably priced. There were many vendors and of course hot wings. There were custom choppers too. The catch? $5 beers of course. had to pay for it somehow now didn't they? I was front and center for BOC, only the post barrier no mans land seperating me from one of my all time guitar heroes. No, I did not rush the stage. :lol: Thunderfingers went with me, it was 90 and sunny and we had a wonderful time. I wish they had one of these every weekend. Well, thats where I've been and what I've been up to.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 30/08/2009 12:05 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wow, that sounds like one heck of a time! Glad that your time away from this place was well spent!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 30/08/2009 2:55 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

sounds great!!
im off to youtube BOC, they havent made it over here, but by the sounds of it they are definatelty worth a listen :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/08/2009 9:22 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a great time. I am so envious on many levels. $5.00 beers ain't too bad at those kinds of things. Not down yonder here anyhow. Hope they were at least Gennys and not Matt's.

Bikes, babes, wings, beer, music.......hard to beat that. Maybe I'll time next years northern excursion around that. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 31/08/2009 2:00 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Labatts Blue and Blue Light :mrgreen:

Posted : 31/08/2009 2:22 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I must mark that date in my calender. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 31/08/2009 2:35 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Seems they have them every year in August. It was at the inner harbor in Syracuse right near the Carousel Mall. http://hotchickwing.com/

Posted : 31/08/2009 3:18 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the link. I saved it off. If I'm traveling by this time next year......

Roy

Posted : 31/08/2009 12:16 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Labatts Blue and Blue Light :mrgreen:
Hmmph, I thought you said beer. :lol:

I'm a bit jealous about the front row at BOC thing, though.
Sounds like somewhere I would have liked to be too.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 31/08/2009 7:55 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Ah, I remember upstate NY summers. They are short but beautiful. :D

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 02/09/2009 12:26 pm