Clear all

Wildeye Gig Report - Saturday Swelter

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Well this will be quick. We played a pool party this afternoon 1:30-4:00. Temps mid 90's, no shade, heat index 105, views were nice though (made up for the heat). Played o.k., we are learning the differences between playing inside and outside. Inside sound travels around and its easier to hear everything, outside the sound travels one direction (out) and if I walk away from my amp to hear the other guitar player I lose my own. So after some adjustments it all worked out. One of the residents played harmonica on "Move it on Over" with us and the guitar player's boss liked what she heard. She said she would make a donation to the band fund. We figured we would get probably $100, we received $185 and told us that was all the money she had left over from the party's budget other wise we would have received $300 :shock: . Sounds like they will hire us for more of their parties after today. Overall great time.

Another thing we learned, the red lights on your pedal boards etc cannot be seen in direct sunlight. I'm glad we are working the kinks out now as opposed to figuring these things out in a much more unforgiving environment.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 30/07/2006 1:20 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tommy

Great report. Yeah, outside gigs are fun, especially if they are within sight of the pool. :twisted:

Yeah, sound is very different outside. And pedals are impossible to see as well. Also, perspiration can be a problem, have to wear sweat bands on your head and wrists. I have played in the heat, sweat coming down in your eyes. Man, that burns! :D

You are slowly working up in the pay department too.

Thanks for the report.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/07/2006 4:02 pm