Clear all

Gig report ToF

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

We had our first gig in awhile last night. It was at the Silverbrook Cafe in Sandisfield, Ma. where we have played many times now.

It was really hot packing up, but just as we were finishing a big storm was rolling in. We were getting 20-30 MPH winds and lightning. But boy, that breeze felt great after lugging all that gear out of Dom's basement into our vehicles. It started raining really hard as we left. This concerned me a little, crowds do not come out in rainstorms. But fortunately, as we drove the 25 miles north to Mass. everything cleared.

We have a new member now named Lee. He came in to help me with singing, especially stuff in the higher ranges. I have a rather low voice. Lee is pretty good, just needs more practice. He was only able to practice with us twice before this gig, so he wasn't familiar with all our numbers. He sang about half and I did the rest.

We didn't get a big crowd, but it was OK. One really nice thing is they installed air conditioning back near the stage. That felt great.

Nothing much to write about except that I had the most fun at a gig in a long while. I could really concentrate more on guitar parts when Lee sang, so I played much better. Lane our guitarist was really blasting on the first song, but came down and we had a great mix all night. I got to play quite a bit of lead guitar last night, so I really enjoyed that too.

So, we had a blast, Lee sang pretty darn good, and Angie booked us for two more shows.

I might have some pics of the gig in a few days.

That's it. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/07/2006 4:15 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh my, can harmonies be far behind...? 8)

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:17 am
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Hey Wes, sounds like you had a good time. I've always believed it doesn't matter how big the crowd is as long as your band entertains them. I think that will bring about bigger and bigger crowds, and you are booked for (2) more shows there...nice.

Looking forward to seeing the pix.

Tom

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:57 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Laz

We have already worked out a few little harmonies. I sing the lead on Got Me Wrong by Alice in Chains. Lee came in on the chorus and sang the high notes that Jerry Cantrell used to sing. Sounded great. So this is going to work well.

Tommy

Yeah, I just had a blast. I never wanted to be the sole singer in this band. I like bands with multiple singers, just adds variety. Plus, it was really nice to just sit back and play guitar for once. After singing and playing for a long time, just playing seems super easy. But the whole band was just in a great mood and eager to play. We were very tight and played with lots of energy. We had lots of dancers and got good applause all night. It was really fun, just like it's supposed to be. :D

I wish every gig was like that.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 31/07/2006 8:01 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sounds like forward momentum is taking effect, Wes. That's a great thing.

Congrats on getting more gigs.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 04/08/2006 6:53 am