Skip to content
bad news and......e...

Notifications
Clear all

bad news and......er, more bad news & update...

91 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Where to start...........

So.... it hasn't been the greatest of months - no money to pay the phone bill, no internet,
can't even watch the cricket on Sky........ and then, the world's clummiest pillock (as you well know by now) puts his hand though a double glazed plate glass window and ends up with 282 stitches in his left hand. NICE ONE VIC! So........... been told I might get 50% mobility back in my left ring finger if I am lucky, looks as if my career has come to a dead stop. You never know I might be lucky and then again I still have a couple of slides.............

My good friend Dave is typing this for me, I hope to have more imfo in a couple of days, now
I am going home - I have Newcy Brown in the fridge to kill the pain!!!

Will try and keep in touch via the library...

:D :D :D

Vic (with a little help from the Dave!!!)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/07/2006 9:11 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This sucks big time man, terribly sorry to hear this. :( Let us know if there is anything we can do, one way or the other...

Posted : 30/07/2006 9:22 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Damn Vic, sorry to here the bad news man. We were wondering the other day about were you have been lately.

Hope things pick up soon!

P.S. Don't hit the Brown too hard.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 30/07/2006 9:43 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

geez Vic!
i was hoping we would hear that you just took a sabbatical, sorry to hear the bad news.
hope you are able to recover.

#4491....

Posted : 30/07/2006 9:45 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Wow Vic, you seem to be having all the bad luck there is at the moment. I guess you can take sollis in the fact that things can only get better from this point.
Hurry back, its not the same here without you. :wink:

My best wishes to you and a speedy recovery,

Rod.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 30/07/2006 10:43 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

wow - sorry to hear about your accident. Keep the faith - Doctors are often proven wrong. Keep the faith!

Best of luck

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 30/07/2006 10:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Vic,

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate events. This too shall pass. Let us know if there's anything we can do. Keep the faith.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/07/2006 11:02 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

No wonder I haven't been able to reach you by phone! I've been worried about you and Marilyn both!! See, you should have just stayed in Texas when you were here and none of this would have happened! :D

All my love to both of you!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/07/2006 11:25 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Terrible news! I hope everything works out for you and your family during this tough time.

Maybe seeing that all of your fingers are independently trained, you'll make a full recovery. I remember reading something similar happening to Kingpatzer...... and he's back to playing. Keep your head up!

We're all hoping for the best!

Mike

Posted : 30/07/2006 11:57 pm
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Vic, so sorry to hear this news. :(

I hope you're at least keeping up your songwriting while you're laid up. :)

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery mate!

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

Posted : 31/07/2006 1:18 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Vic,

Our Prayers Are With You

As Not the Guy said "Doctors have been proven wrong"

I've seen it with my own eyes and medical technology
and physical therapy can work miracles.

As you well know I've seen that too.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 31/07/2006 1:28 am
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Vic,

In the late-'70s, I was a very talented teen-ager who was regularly sub'ing for local bands, and was frequently called to play in studios and for local theaters.

Playing basketball one day, I went part way through a plate-glass window, and literally tore all the tissue out of my hand from my elbow to my fingers.

The guy who owned the house put all the miscellanious crap in a baggy to send with the ambulance.

I was in surgery the first time for 8 hours.

I had several additional surgeries after that.

I was told in no uncertain terms that I would probably lose the arm below the elbow, but that if somehow I did keep it, I'd never use it again.

When I started getting some mobility back, I was told that I shouldn't expect to ever be able to use my hand.

When I started being able to flex my fingers, i was told that I shouldn't expect to ever have fine motor control.

I don't play nearly as well as I did when I was 16. I never will again, that is true. But I do play, and well enough that I sometimes manage to impress other musicians. I teach. And I enjoy making music.

I know how bleak the world must look to you right now.

And, in all honesty, you should prepare yourself for the worst possible outcome.

But that doesn't mean you should give up hope or consider your life as a musician over.

In the meantime, give me your address in a PM. I have some CD's of Django I want to send you. You need to hear what a person filled with passion for their instrument can do with a crippled left hand!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 31/07/2006 1:29 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

:shock:

Aw man Vic, that's horrible.

Yes, lets all hope the doctor's are wrong about your hand recovering.

Good luck with your recovery Vic... and take care!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 31/07/2006 1:56 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Vic,

sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you make a full recovery.

Take care

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:34 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Vic, I think becoming a slide player's a promotion. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:39 am
Page 1 / 7