Blues Rock Jam - Slots Filled Again

85 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
23.3 K Views
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I'm another who should really get in on some of these. If I do one DI'd and dry, can you add some reverb and a touch of distortion to taste? I can probs do this at my end, just thought I should check in case. Anyways, put me down for the slot after Lars.

I could certainly try. I have plugins for the application I use. I always send a demo to the participants before making it live, so if you didn't like it, it could be changed before going public.

Welcome aboard!!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 26/03/2008 10:04 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

We have some fresh meat on this one!!! Most excellent! 8)

One slot left ... who wants it?

Jason

Posted : 26/03/2008 10:06 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Props for that. Well, I'll fiddle about with garageband and see if I can make it sound good and might (if its okay) send two cuts, one with whatever add-ons garageband will do, and then one dry, so you can see if there's better sounds at your end - I'll leave the final call up to you. I should have it you by the end of the weekend as my b'day's tomorrow, so I might be a little ill-disposed to rock out due to celebrating. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 26/03/2008 10:19 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I should have it you by the end of the weekend as my b'day's tomorrow, so I might be a little ill-disposed to rock out due to celebrating. :wink:

No rush at all. Happy Birthday!!! 8)

Jason

Posted : 27/03/2008 12:40 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

If there's still a slot left I'll take it :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 28/03/2008 5:13 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, I'm slightly confused. :? Which one of you is Moe? I got a part from Moe Decker for the currently open slot and I'm not sure who that is. :oops: (Apologies)

If someone played the wrong slot, I'll just open their old slot back up and you can have it Taso. Otherwise, I guess we have a new participant so all slots are filled.

Jason

Posted : 28/03/2008 12:49 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well, I'm slightly confused. :? Which one of you is Moe? I got a part from Moe Decker for the currently open slot and I'm not sure who that is. :oops: (Apologies)

If someone played the wrong slot, I'll just open their old slot back up and you can have it Taso. Otherwise, I guess we have a new participant so all slots are filled.

Jason

I'm not Moe, I'm Curly! (yuk, yuk!) :lol: :P

I know I've seen the name Moe Decker around here before, but not for a long time. I don't see any posts of Moe asking to join, so I say give it to Taso, but that's your call Jason. Probably saw your email addy from the original post.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/03/2008 2:39 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I know I've seen the name Moe Decker around here before, but not for a long time. I don't see any posts of Moe asking to join, so I say give it to Taso, but that's your call Jason. Probably saw your email addy from the original post.

:wink: I did a search and saw that he had participated in some jams awhile back, but nothing recent. I guess he decided to join the jam without letting me know. No problem, I have a fix. Taso can have my spot. I've got a personal song I've been focusing on anyway. Plus, I enjoy mixing these things almost as much as playing (almost).

So, Taso, you got the end spot and welcome to the jam Moe! :D

Jason

Posted : 28/03/2008 2:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

To cunfuse things more, I looked up Moe Decker, & was right, moe is a GN member, but hasn't logged in since 26 Jun 2006 08:49 am! :shock: ( insert Twilight Zone music here)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/03/2008 2:49 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

To cunfuse things more, I looked up Moe Decker, & was right, moe is a GN member, but hasn't logged in since 26 Jun 2006 08:49 am! :shock: ( insert Twilight Zone music here)

Dan

:-o

anybody up for a Ghost-jam?? muwahahahaha

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 28/03/2008 4:49 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Jason, I'm not taking your spot. I've played in like the last 5 jams, lol, don't worry about it. You kids play safe now, ya hear?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 28/03/2008 5:11 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Jason, I'm not taking your spot. I've played in like the last 5 jams, lol, don't worry about it. You kids play safe now, ya hear?

Ok, well, we'll catch you on the next then!

Jason

Posted : 28/03/2008 5:37 pm
(@delque)

Sorry about the confusion. It's been awhile and I sometimes go by the name delque. You're right I have been here, now and before as moedecker. :lol:

A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life.

Posted : 28/03/2008 9:57 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Ouch - better watch out guys:
In fact, Sara is an outstanding guitarist, with excellent lead guitar chops. Laura told me later that she could see Sara smiling with delight as she worked through solos for unfamiliar songs.

:shock: :lol:

I think I should start practicing real quick - "sometimes my burden is more than I can bear - it's not dark yet,but it's getting there" :wink:
ROFL.....I only just caught this post. :lol: :lol: Suffice it to say that they were exaggerating grossly. I distracted them by lots of pretty guitars and amps. Hey, it works for the pro's, right? :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 29/03/2008 12:51 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

ROFL.....I only just caught this post. Suffice it to say that they were exaggerating grossly. I distracted them by lots of pretty guitars and amps. Hey, it works for the pro's, right?

Yeah, right. I was there and I know the truth! I think I managed one solo, to a song a I know REALLY well, while you were inprov'ing away to songs you didn't even know with just the basic rhythm chords for a guide....and I suppose I dreamed "Little Wing?"

*Snorts jealously and goes off to practise guitar*

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/03/2008 1:41 pm
Page 2 / 6