278 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
48 K Views
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

To Whom It May Concern.

I finished my part for Team 4 and send it off to Bish.

Thank You For Your Patience

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 30/12/2006 6:12 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I got it, John.

I'll have it posted by Sunday.

Thank you!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/12/2006 4:56 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Team 4 has been posted.

This one was a little harder to mix as it seemed that the quieter parts of some of the mixes were too quiet, whereas the loud parts were just right. When I brought the quiet parts up to be heard, the rest was almost too loud.

I tried to get as close as I could. You guys did great on your parts. All very different but work well together.

Thanks for participating!

Bish

Posted : 03/01/2007 12:05 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

New Line-up:

Team Funkalicious

Gina - done and sent in
PRBlack
Elecktrablue
AK

(Since AK just joined us, she may want the third slot so she and I may trade places, I'll let you know!)

EDIT: AK wants the fourth slot so I'm taking three...........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 07/01/2007 8:20 pm
(@Anonymous)

Argh... I've been working all morning on my part and I'm stuck :(

I've listened to the track so many times that it's all I hear now. I can't hear the melody that was playing in my head the first time anymore. I don't know what to do!

I'll fiddle around some more and if I don't come up with anything I'll stop for now and try again tomorrow.

Posted : 08/01/2007 5:37 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Take your time AK. Sometimes walking away from it for awhile is the best thing to do. I did two different parts for two different teams, so I know what you mean about getting the song stuck in your head! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/01/2007 7:01 pm
(@Anonymous)

I hope sleeping on it will help. Waking up with a melody in mind would be great!

Posted : 08/01/2007 10:33 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I hope sleeping on it will help. Waking up with a melody in mind would be great!

If you are going to sleep on your guitar, try not to drool.

If you are going to sleep on your amp, make sure it's off first. Tubes get awfully hot to the touch and drool most likely will short something out. JMHO. Sweet dreams. :shock:

Good luck with your part. Something else to try in case nothing else works. As a final straw, take your guitar and smash it to pieces. Go buy something you are GASSING for and you'll come up with a part in no time.

Bish

Posted : 08/01/2007 10:37 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hmm sleeping on my guitar eh? I could accidentally hit some strings that would make up a melody... I'm sure it would beat anything I came up with so far :roll:

As for GASsing I've already gassed on new pickups not too long ago. Should be here in 2 months. Maybe I'll be more productive then :D

Posted : 09/01/2007 1:18 am
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

I didn't know what I was going to do until I actually started playing. I think my part is kind of boring, but I'll let you guys be the judges! 8) Don't push it, AK. It'll come. :D

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Posted : 09/01/2007 8:45 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

I've been busy during the holidays, kind of completely missed this great ongoing event.

Probably this is way too late, but in the spirit of "better late than never", I will ask: Are there any three people still sitting on the sidelines who might want to form a team and participate?

Thanks!

(And I don't know if Bish has closed the doors either..so I may be too late from that point also.)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 10/01/2007 12:36 am
(@astonefox)
Estimable Member

is it too late too join in? how can I hear the backing track to see if I am interested? Thanks so much!

Posted : 10/01/2007 12:37 am
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

is it too late too join in? how can I hear the backing track to see if I am interested? Thanks so much!
Hey, looks like I am not the only one. So, that makes two, two more people and we have a team, if Bish is still willing.
(The link to the backing track is in the first post of this thread).

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 10/01/2007 1:12 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Go right ahead, if he doesn't have the time I'll mix it for you.

Posted : 10/01/2007 2:27 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Go right ahead, if he doesn't have the time I'll mix it for you.

Thanks, man but I'm good.

Vink and astonefox, go for it. Find two others, get a team name and I'll await your parts.

This is ongoing as far as I'm concerned. I have at least two teams still working on parts so no fat lady has been on stage yet. :wink:

Bish

Posted : 10/01/2007 2:34 am
Page 17 / 19