Clear all

Here it is...

56 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
17.3 K Views
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That was Xavier (here known as Reivax). He doesn't post much, but he's still somewhat around I believe.

Posted : 26/03/2005 4:55 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

good point.... I'd be willing to run one. I have audio editing soft... and have edited audio in the past... anyone want to come up with a base track? what style?

(I am not sure what type of music people like around here. I've never been to this site before today.

Alex.

There are a crap load of them at guitarbt.com I have a bunch but I have to confer with someone about how they would feel if I used them here.

Posted : 26/03/2005 4:58 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have all submissions and stuff. The only one missing is mine. I will do that today as I do the mix. I'll post it somewhere sometime today I hope.

Posted : 26/03/2005 4:59 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have all submissions and stuff. The only one missing is mine. I will do that today as I do the mix. I'll post it somewhere sometime today I hope.

I lied. I'll do it monday. Nobody seems to be around anyway...

Posted : 27/03/2005 6:30 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I lied. I'll do it monday. Nobody seems to be around anyway...

An important rule used by most GN authors:

"There are no deadlines!"

I'm looking forward to hearing this.

-Laz

Posted : 27/03/2005 5:43 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

You kiddin' me! I checked the board 5 times yesterday and today to hear this thing... You make me sick!

Just kidding, although I really did check it over 5 times, itching to hear this.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 28/03/2005 4:23 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

You kiddin' me! I checked the board 5 times yesterday and today to hear this thing... You make me sick!

Just kidding, although I really did check it over 5 times, itching to hear this.

It will get done on Monday. I will be working on trying to build a studio and stuff that day, but I will get in my part and a mix.

I have an excellent opportunity. The power just plain stopped working in that room and the bathroom. I started digging into the walls thinking I would rewire it when I said...wait a second. I can just build a wall on the inside, which will give me a lot of soundproofing, and wire IT. I'll just cut the wires and leave them in the ugly ass wall and build one inside of it. The floor is rotted out on one side also...I'm going to lay down some carpet padding and build a floating floor on top of it. At the end I will have a nice little 10'x12' (minus the thickness of the new walls) soundproof room to do my audio work in. The only thing I need consider is the door and ceiling. Some egg cartons and blankets will take care of any reverberation...

Then I just got to deal with the REST of the damn house...but fixing that stuff will be a major improvement.

Posted : 28/03/2005 4:48 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Probably going to be some more waitin. I messed up. Nothing that isn't fixable, but gotta wait.

Posted : 29/03/2005 3:01 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The mix is on its way to my guitars101 artist page. It will probably show in the next 5-10 minutes.

http://www.guitars101.com/jamroom/bands/18/

Good stuff. I think my favorites are smokindog's and Arjen's (#3). All were pretty good though.

Posted : 30/03/2005 5:55 am
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

which solo is which?

whats the order of soloists?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 30/03/2005 2:03 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

did you post it on any other forums, i would like to see what they say.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 30/03/2005 2:11 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I posted on guitars101.com. One person responded so far..."Sweet, sounds nice."

Those that really like to hang out and do stuff like this, and more, would probably find guitars101 a pretty cool site.

Posted : 30/03/2005 3:28 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I posted on guitars101.com. One person responded so far..."Sweet, sounds nice."

Those that really like to hang out and do stuff like this, and more, would probably find guitars101 a pretty cool site.

As I noted earlier, it would be good to post the link to the finished work in "Hear Here".

Also, nroberts, would you mind writing up the entire process so we can post it as an article? It seems like a great idea, once you learn how to make it work.

-Laz

Posted : 30/03/2005 4:15 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow guys nice job really sounded great and I have to agree with noah about the dog and Arjen.

Arj, really nice job and I loved the tone you got great job.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 30/03/2005 5:49 pm
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Wow! Just heard that and it's awesome! These things drive me nuts because I can't record yet... It's coming in the next few months... but for now... I'm going insane!

Again, great work all! Very much looking forward to joining up!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

Posted : 30/03/2005 7:09 pm
Page 3 / 4