Here it is...

56 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
17.3 K Views
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I need the clicks at the beginning of the backing track. There should be 'click, click' a bit of the backing music and then silence. When it gets to your solo that is all there should be. It doesn't do any good to just have 5 minutes of silence without the clicks in the beginning...may as well save both our bandwidths and cut around your solo if you don't provide the clicks.

Here is the tutorial I wrote:
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30219

Posted : 23/03/2005 3:19 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

noah,

Can't you just create a duplicate file with a different file name and put it out so another 5 players could join in?

Just a thought?

Chris

Yes, I can and have done it before. But it is a lot of work to run two at once and with the fact that nobody here has done this before I will already have a lot of extra stuff to do. Let's not make a mess of things...no reason why someone else can't start one. Audacity will import the backing track and the submissions, let you align and mix them, and it's free.

When you host one of these things you will understand the work that goes into doing so... :wink:

We have a jam forum now...make use of it.

Posted : 23/03/2005 3:25 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

NR: Both the tracks of pJ and mine have the clicks at the beginning....

edit: we already have had one before here, about a year ago or so IIRC. check it out at promedics.dmusic.com.

Posted : 23/03/2005 3:26 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

NR: Both the tracks of pJ and mine have the clicks at the beginning....

So they do, my bad. The level on the track is really low and I am at work and didn't want to have everyone wondering what I was up to. I couldn't hear them and they didn't show up in the level meter...I figured they were not there.

Posted : 23/03/2005 4:06 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Thatt'll be my bad. Due to the way I recorded it (no modeler or amp used!) the input signal wasn;t that high. Hope it won't be too hard to mix it down/

Posted : 23/03/2005 4:22 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thatt'll be my bad. Due to the way I recorded it (no modeler or amp used!) the input signal wasn;t that high. Hope it won't be too hard to mix it down/

No, I can boost the signal. As long as line noise isn't too great compared to signal it should be easy enough.

Posted : 23/03/2005 4:48 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yes, I can and have done it before. But it is a lot of work to run two at once and with the fact that nobody here has done this before I will already have a lot of extra stuff to do. Let's not make a mess of things...no reason why someone else can't start one. Audacity will import the backing track and the submissions, let you align and mix them, and it's free.

When you host one of these things you will understand the work that goes into doing so...

We have a jam forum now...make use of it.

I hear yea that's why I don't record.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 23/03/2005 5:16 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

ill get 2

This, and mine, are the only ones we are waiting for. I have the rest of the weekend off, including monday. This would be a good time so I can do the mix and post it sooner rather than later.

Posted : 25/03/2005 9:15 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Post the link here and in "Hear Here" as it qualifies as a self recording.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this.

-Laz

Posted : 25/03/2005 12:40 pm
(@guitaralex)
Estimable Member

can't wait to see what you dudes come up with. Can we reserve spots for teh next one? :?:

Posted : 25/03/2005 7:59 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

can't wait to see what you dudes come up with. Can we reserve spots for teh next one? :?:

Hey, if everyone wants to do another so bad why am I the only one running one?! :P

Seriously though...you don't have to wait for this one to finish and don't need me to do it.

Posted : 26/03/2005 12:28 am
(@guitaralex)
Estimable Member

good point.... I'd be willing to run one. I have audio editing soft... and have edited audio in the past... anyone want to come up with a base track? what style?

(I am not sure what type of music people like around here. I've never been to this site before today.

Alex.

Posted : 26/03/2005 1:53 am
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

I like both kinds of music blues and rock.

Posted : 26/03/2005 3:37 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Best way is to find a bluesrock track since they are usually the simplest structure-wise. Go to http://www.guitarbt.com , browse through the tracks and link to the one you'll use. Then divided it into small sections and appoint everyone a part.

Posted : 26/03/2005 11:41 am
(@guitaralex)
Estimable Member

That's an idea.... I was thinking of making it more like a real jam. Someone would record some rhythm and some bass. And then some people could solo over parts or all of it.

BTW, arjen, I heard the previous online jam at the promedics site. Pretty cool. Who did the wah track?

Posted : 26/03/2005 3:28 pm
Page 2 / 4