Clear all

Round-Robin Jam #1 (alpha test!)

47 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
15.8 K Views
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

All received and slapped into place - sounds great. This thing might just work you know :wink:

One minor point though, that was "section 4, stage 2" (section 4 as in the last section of the song, stage 2 as in rhythm), and you'd labelled it as something else... no problem now, but might cause a few tears before bedtime when it starts getting complicated :mrgreen: Have a look at the little reference chart that I updated the first post with, that should make it clear - and if not, just shout.
The labeling got me a bit confused, sorry.
I'll make sure the next one is properly labeled and I'll change the names on my PC too, just in case I need to resend.
I initially thought the Section 1 really meant ME, TC1 (or TCO as some like to call me, or TTCO and whatever else. I have multiple personalities it seems :? 8) )

If it all works out then you might have just started a trend here, a precedent, a FIRST! :shock:
You'll be viewed as a trendsetter, a leader. Check for your name sprayed under a London bridge. :lol:

Can't wait to hear the final result. It will most definitely be interesting, at the very least. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

Posted : 15/02/2007 1:09 am
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Youhou!
Anyone home?

Posted : 18/02/2007 6:49 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My head is all over the place. It's done but I haven't send it anywhere yet. It's here but not there. But that will change soon.

Posted : 18/02/2007 7:02 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I initially thought the Section 1 really meant ME, TC1 (or TCO as some like to call me, or TTCO and whatever else. I have multiple personalities it seems :? 8) )
Ahhh, I see. It's sections that keep the number so it's easy to work out which rhythm goes with which drums etc.
Youhou! Anyone home?
Sorry, been feeling really rough recently, barely got out of bed the last few days. Getting there now, but lots to catch up on :roll:
My head is all over the place. It's done but I haven't send it anywhere yet. It's here but not there. But that will change soon.No worries. You still have to send me your drums, by the way.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 19/02/2007 12:00 pm
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Ahhh, I see. It's sections that keep the number so it's easy to work out which rhythm goes with which drums etc.
Yeah, I know now. I just have that tendency to bring back everything to my ownself. Where's Dr.Freud when you need him... :roll:
Youhou! Anyone home?
Sorry, been feeling really rough recently, barely got out of bed the last few days. Getting there now, but lots to catch up on :roll:
My head is all over the place. It's done but I haven't send it anywhere yet. It's here but not there. But that will change soon.No worries. You still have to send me your drums, by the way.

Sending out some Good Health Mojo over, acrros the pond, to you Mis. Take the time to rest well.

By the way, I was just poking a little fun out there. I'm not pushing anyone.
As I said somewhere, I just don't have a life and am chewing the edge off my desk while waiting to move on with the jam.
That's all. :roll: :wink:

Posted : 19/02/2007 10:38 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Sending out some Good Health Mojo over, acrros the pond, to you Mis. Take the time to rest well.
Mojo received, ta! (Mojo Men is going to be the name of a two piece band me and a friend will - one day - get around to putting into action, btw, very fitting :wink:)
As I said somewhere, I just don't have a life and am chewing the edge off my desk while waiting to move on with the jam.
Awww, you poor thing... all that spare time and a guitar! :roll: :wink:

Posted : 19/02/2007 11:08 pm
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Mojo received, ta! (Mojo Men is going to be the name of a two piece band me and a friend will - one day - get around to putting into action, btw, very fitting :wink:)
A second wave of Mojo for that duo then! :)
Awww, you poor thing... all that spare time and a guitar! :roll: :wink:

Ain't that a shame, I'm even not making good use of all that time.
I probably need some "jibing" too. :wink: :lol:

Posted : 19/02/2007 11:15 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Just a quick update. I've caught up on some of my other projects and I really think I can get something done on my first part tonight but I may have lots of questions. I am a bit nervous that I got in on this one. In fact, I think I would move aside if someone else wanted my spot. If not, then I will plow along and come up with something.

Sorry its taking me so long.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 21/02/2007 3:30 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Don't sweat it at all Jim, there's no rush (this one's really just a test of the concept) and there's definately no pressure to produce a masterpiece. It's all light-hearted fun - even if it all fell flat on it's face I for one would still be smiling :mrgreen:

You're doing drums at the mo, right? For mine I just had Band in a Box go nuts for about 20 bars at the right tempo, picked 4 I liked and clipped them into place in Audacity. No creative genius required, so no pressure :wink:

Posted : 21/02/2007 4:04 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Man

Downloaded Band in a Box. At first I thought you said Garage Band so I used my sons MAC and made a great drum loop.. BUT I couldnt figure out how to make that into a PC Audacity readable file so when I came back here I realized you said Band in a Box. Well, I still cant figure out how to get it to make me a drum file. Can you PM or write a quite tutorial? I have been reading the help file but I still havent a clue.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 25/02/2007 10:56 pm
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Hey Man

Downloaded Band in a Box. At first I thought you said Garage Band so I used my sons MAC and made a great drum loop.. BUT I couldnt figure out how to make that into a PC Audacity readable file so when I came back here I realized you said Band in a Box. Well, I still cant figure out how to get it to make me a drum file. Can you PM or write a quite tutorial? I have been reading the help file but I still havent a clue.

Jim
I don't know garage band but I assume it must have a SAVE feature? :roll: :twisted:
Or EXPORT? or something to that effect.
Thru this you should be able to save either a MIDI track or an audio track.
If it's audio then Audacity should be able to read it.
I don't know if Audacity can read MIDI files though.

In BIAB, once you created your drum track, you have the choice of saving the song as MIDI or AUDIO.
I've just redone my system and it is not installed yet so I can't tell you exactly where this feature is. Look for something called EXPORT maybe.

The best sounding way is to export a MIDI track and use a soft that can read MIDI files and use VSTi plugins.
But you might not be setup for that, but I could do it for you if you want.
I'm using Steinberg Groove Agent to generate my drum sounds, great sounding drum sounds in there.

Posted : 26/02/2007 12:41 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thanks man. Well, I would rather learn and do it on my own but I dont know that I will have much luck learning a new product in time. I could use Hammerhead and make something but it will be very basic. I am tempted to buy BIAB but it is so expensive.. Like 250 bucks

Jim

Posted : 26/02/2007 1:10 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Well, the good news is I finally figured out how to make a drum file in Garageband and then export it into my PC and Audacity. The bad news is that if I dont get atleast that part done tonight then it going to be a couple weeks cause I am traveling to Mexico.

I'll will give it a REALLY good effort.. It doesnt take too long so should be ok.

Jim

Posted : 01/03/2007 12:54 pm
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

Time for a roll call: the ones that are not here, raise your hands!
:mrgreen:

Posted : 10/03/2007 6:53 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

*raises no hands*

I think I'm waiting for Jim's drumtrack. Luckily waiting is one of my finest skills, I can do that for weeks without getting tired. :D

Posted : 11/03/2007 4:01 pm
Page 3 / 4