Want to try my hand at hosting

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I think I am going to try my hand at hosting a jam but I have a couple questions.

First, and I think I am almost assume the answer, but would some of you that have hosted before be willing to field my questions if I get in over my head?

Secondly, anything outside of Audacity that I would need to be able to host

Cant think of any other but I think question 1 covers everything. I think when I get home today I am going to seach for a BT file to use and see if I can get something started. Been to long and I am too slow in getting in on others jams. :lol:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 08/03/2006 3:25 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Geoo,

I'm sure everyone here will help you with any questions you may have.

Let me know when you find a BT, and go ahead & count me in. (I'm hoping you're not going to post some speed metal or something! :shock: :lol: )

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/03/2006 11:23 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Let me know when you find a BT, and go ahead & count me in. (I'm hoping you're not going to post some speed metal or something! :shock: :lol: )

Dan

Excellent. Ya, I knew the answer to the first question because every one has always been great to me. I guess I am just nervous. I been trying to find either a bluesy rhumba or a "Stormy Monday" type track. I have found some alternates just in case.

No worries it wont be speed metal.. LOL Maybe if I had an electric.. and if I were better... and if I prefered that type of music. na.. aint gonna happen, least not this month.

Thanks
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/03/2006 12:41 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Count me in :D , If ya have any questions just ask away. I don't matter if you use audacity or another program, every one will be sending a regular Mp3 file to you and you can put that into your wave editer or what ever you are using.All you need is audacity to host a jam, and of course a BT --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 09/03/2006 2:08 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Cool deal. I found the backing track I wanted. Its Stormy Monday. I really like playing along with that song so I am very happy about finding it. I'll break it down into sections and upload it tonight. I'll also start another thread that will be more descriptive to the project.

The track is only 3:07 so I would almost guess that we already have all the participants that we'll need even before we begin. :lol: But if this goes well, I'll probably start hosting more. I've been very bored lately and looking for something I could do with my time.

Thanks for the support.

Geoo

Posted : 10/03/2006 1:49 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The track is only 3:07 so I would almost guess that we already have all the participants that we'll need even before we begin.

Lemme know if a slot opens up. Uhm, that's if you don't mind a relative newbie playing along.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 10/03/2006 2:02 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I've never done one of these, but I'd love to try a slot I guess

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 10/03/2006 2:10 pm