Notifications
Clear all

$600,000 for a guitar??

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shaggy)
Topic starter  

I've been playing my Yamaha 12 string for about 10 years. I was looking around eBay and just searched highest price. Check out this 1955 Strat that is set at $600,000! Would ANYONE actually pay this kind of money??

(@davidhodge)

If you read the description that goes along with the product (or any other of the seller's products), you would understand that this is just an extreme (albeit a very extreme) example of the "guitars as investments) sort of mentality that, while it's been around forever, the Internet has developed to fever pitch. The whole reason for selling it is the belief that someone else will pay even more for it.

This mentality has nothing at all to do with the instrument and everything to do with the buyer and seller and their hopes to make money. That's all.

Would anyone buy it? Sure. People have been doing the same thing for ages on end. But at these prices, it's obviously going to be someone with a lot of money and who also knows he (notice it's a "he") can unload it for a profit within a short period of time.

It's certainly sad. Here's a guitar that probably never going to get played in its lifetime.

Peace

By the bye, welcome to Guitar Noise. Hopefully you're here to learn and participate in the community and not just send traffic to places like this seller, who certainly won't find any buyers from the folks on this board. :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote