Clear all

A replacement for my Epi Les Paul

26 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, im new to these forums, and have been playing for about a year, on and off. Ive decided to seriously commit to playing. My current guitar, an Epi Lp100, was destroyed by some "friends" of mine. It doesnt tune, the bridge pickup is litterally hanging by the wire, and taped in. Needless to say, im in the market for a new one. I think i may be looking at a MIM Strat and a standard strat, as well as maybe another epi lp. How do these stack up? I am a minor, unemployed, and am only getting this by loans and birthday money from friends and family. Thanks alot, and this forum is great!- Mike

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

anyone?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

your question is a bit hard to answer. a strat and an lp reguardless of the model are totally different guitars.
the best advice i can give is to search the forums for threads about the guitar/s you are interested in and narrow it down to which you would prefer, also a $ amount is pretty important.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Actually, i think ive narrowed it down to a strat or squire for now, i may get a lp at christmas, i love the sound of both, though theyre different, is it worth it you think to get a full fledged strat now and keep it even when i have an lp, or just get a squire to hold me over, and would the diffirence be that noticeable?

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Squier vs. MIM Strat vs. MIA Strat? Good, better, best. Can you afford the difference in price? Can you fix the issues that may arise with the cheaper versions of a strat. Can you tell the difference in feel now, or the difference in sound? Just because the guitar is cheaper does not mean you can't jam on it. Just because it may cost $800 - $1000 does not mean you can pick it up and play like Clapton.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

This is a very interesting topic. I'm relatively new to guitar and I recently traded my PRS SE for a Les Paul. I really love the sound, but I'd like to have those classic Strat tones in my arsenal as well. Needless to say, I'm saving up my chips for an American Strat. I could get a MIM now, but I figure I might as well exercise a little patience and save some more. GAS is a bi*ch.

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks everyone for the replies, Turns out my mothers extremely generous boyfriend is looking to get me a Standard this week, free!! So i will be using that for a good bit, and save my money to upgrade to a nice gibson next year sometime. Yes GAS is a b*tch.. im about to get a free guitar and im already planning for my next one. i need help..

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

You won't get any help here, that's for sure! Glad you're getting a new axe. You'll have to post some pics when you're able to.

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Why of course, how can i resist posting pics!?

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

I'll show you mine first:

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

:) Yay. One day...

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

is it just me or does that look like one of those "Gibsuns" we busted on ebay a while back?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

is it just me or does that look like one of those "Gibsuns" we busted on ebay a while back?Not this one, dude. I purchased it new from Guitar Center. It's a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

lol, just joshing ya dude. it's a pretty axe

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

OK, thanks. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2