Clear all

A replacement for my Epi Les Paul

26 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I dont know any specific models yet but i found out hes letting me choose between 3 guitars he has, an ibanez, strat and something else..im really hoping for a lp..! Im so excited for tomorrow!

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Good Luck getting an LP. Take what you can get. Do Not look a gift Horse in the mouth. If you are not totally pleased, still be thankful. You can still hold out for the LP.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

haha i know, im not demanding or expecting or that lp, theres a 1/5465453425436 chance there will even be one. im extremely thankful that he was willing to do such a favor for me, and i will be thankful for whatever i get. but i wont find out the last guitar until tommorow, and a man is allowed to dream, right?

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Its Here! I picked this ibanez over a MIM Strat that just didnt feel right. I love the feel,and sound of it, but i have no idea what the model is called! Can anybody help me figure it out? The serial starts with 890 i believe..

ReplyQuote
(@uno-pulgar)
Trusted Member

I'm only going by a picture in a catalog and a few pics on E-Bay but it may be a RG370DX

Avatar- Correy Harris 8/12/2006 Heritage Music Blues fest, Wheeling WVa

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Looks cool, and a nice replacement. Watch that headstock, you could poke ur eye out.

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member

Sweet looking axe! I hope she sounds as good.

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks, she sounds awesome, i love it, especially when played through my friends fender twin. The RG370 looks almost exactly the same, but mine is a bit more round on the edges, ive noticed. also, just from what ive found on google, doesnt the 890 serial mean 1989? i read that but cant believe it because this thing is spotless!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Could be an older RG370, then. Congrats, looks great, have fun!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@sticky)
Trusted Member

Squier vs. MIM Strat vs. MIA Strat? Good, better, best. Can you afford the difference in price? Can you fix the issues that may arise with the cheaper versions of a strat. Can you tell the difference in feel now, or the difference in sound? Just because the guitar is cheaper does not mean you can't jam on it. Just because it may cost $800 - $1000 does not mean you can pick it up and play like Clapton.

Question about this post:

MIM, I imagine is Made in Mexico-is that what the "Standard" is?

What issues may arise from the cheaper versions?

Please pardon the newb questions :)

How do you know if a drummer is knocking on your door.....

The knocking speeds up.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Alright, Sticky. Thank you for asking a good question for me to respond to for my 1000th post. No problem with it being a "newb" question. It is a good question.

Welcome!!!

MIM does stand for "Made In Mexico". MIA stands for "Made In America". The MIM is the "standard". The quality control is going to typically be better for the MIA guitars. I have a MIM Fender Toronado. I guess I would have to get a custom shop Toronado for a MIA to compare it with. As far as the Strats go, I prefer the feel of the neck on most MIA guitars. They feel better put togethor to me. Not to say that the standards are bad or poorly built. I have played some nice MIM strats. The MIM Strat I like the most is the Jimmy Vaughan http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jimmie-Vaughan-Signature-TexMex-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510057
The one I picked up once at a Guitar Center smoked. The neck was great and the sound of the pick-ups was just right to my ears. It gets really good reviews and best of all, seems to be a step up from the standard and yet not quite as expensive as the American.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2