Clear all

advice on electric guitar one or the other

15 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

was in town and i saw 2 electric guitars for sale i was'nt going to buy one untill i saw the price thought it might be fun to mess around and see if id like to get into it electric one is a legacy strat for 143 euro with amp straps leads ect the other is a fender squire affenity with amp leads ect for 289 euro

i think 100 euiro is abouty £60 or about $145 so which woud you advise me to get and why ?

Little bit apprehensive about going electric so this i think is a cheap why to find out

need advise today as deal is gone tomorrow

(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i guess no one likes these guitars will i stay away from them

ReplyQuote
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

Whoa!!!!! Not so fast there Frank.

I purchased my first guitar, a Squier Affinity Strat, in a Strat Pack (guitar, strap, cable, amp, picks, instruction book, tuner, etc.) almost a year ago and have been very pleased. My local music shop was running a special because they had ordered too many in blue and so they knocked another $40 US off the price and included a setup.

It plays well and has been an excellent choice for learning. I liked the quality of the Squier so much I have since picked up a Squier '51 as a second guitar.

/dwayne

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thank you very much for getting back to me for i havent a clue about electric guitars

do you know anything about the legacy its sounds to cheep to be any good

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Frank, never heard of Legacy, but I had a Squier Affinity and it was decent. Not a bad way to get into electric. You sound like you play already... do you play acoustic?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

First guitar in my house was my son's Squier Affinity Strat that came in a Strat Pak. Wasn't bad for a start, as has been said. My boy still uses the amp out of the Pak, a Squier Champ 15. (My daughter's got the Strat.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Frank, never heard of Legacy, but I had a Squier Affinity and it was decent. Not a bad way to get into electric. You sound like you play already... do you play acoustic?

yes i do play acoustic but only for like 1 1/2 years

ok lets put it this way what makes a good guitar better than we will say a bad one like why pay so much for a guitar in the first place, if its any thing like clothes you can buy a shirt for $or£250 but you can get another shirt for £or$20 and does the same job, you can say the same about cars ect ect for that matter but all i want to know about is guitars thanks

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

Well, if we're using shirts as a reference all of them are made in Asia, it's the same with guitars (And also cars). The cheaper guitars are also often made of less expensive materials/wood. I guess you pay a lot for the "made in the U.S. qaulity".

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"where they are made" = "better quality" has not been true in the guitar world for quite a while now.
browse the forums here, you will find many of us own or have started out with low priced guitars.

it's harder to see the differences when you first start out but with a little research and some pointed questions you can learn quite a bit here.

i'd say the affinity or a squier starter pack would be great.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Cars I know about guitars I don't :oops: I know that now:
To be honest I thought fender squier was made in the USA and not a lot of people have heard of this legacy start pack deal
So what it sounds like from reading replies is that it depends where it is made, for a guitar to be good other than that you need to have a degree in guitar construction to tell the difference, id hate to be spending thousands of pounds im still so confused just one thing why would the timber, that is used make a difference to an electric guitar :oops: (I can see when talking about acoustic it would ) is it not all in the like pick ups and all that other electronic stuff that makes a guitar :?

Thank you everyone who tried to help me with this issue I think ill be getting the fender if still there thanks

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

I'm sorry if I made it look like where guitars are made decides the qaulity. I was just trying to say that guitars made in the U.S are more expensive, not necessarily better.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

No and I didn't pick you up that way thank you for your help but I'm just kind of saying its hard for a beginner like me to pick a guitar out a lot harder than i would have thought !
I really do appreciate the help

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Just get one.
Any one.
You'll be happy with it.
I guarantee.

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i will

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

To Sum all this up for anyone that is interested I brought the legacy to the guy that repairs guitar to ask him.
He reckoned that legacy and cheaper fenders were all made in the same place and that I couldn't go wrong for the price with the legacy, the fender seemingly (are just copys and use the name fender) and you can hit the jackpot and get a good one or be out of luck and get a bad one .
So I got the fender :wink:
hope I play it now :!: thanks lads
by the way i am one of those guys that like to know a little bit about what i buy

ReplyQuote