Clear all

Advice on what guitar to buy

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lovedastrat)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey just wondering if people could give advice on what guitar to buy, I have two in mind. One is a Fender Stratocaster signature series John Mayer, or a Gibson ES 335

Just some background to help, I allready own a Garrison G50CE Semi-Acoustic, a 50th Anniversary Strat, and a Music man Silouhette special, limited edition 2006

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

My thoughts exactly, but check out Heritage as well.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Agreed. The 335 is a classic.

The Mayer is nice, but no 335.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@lovedastrat)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I dont know if this will help any, but the mayar strat is 3600, while the Es 335 is going to cost 5000... What did you mean by heratige?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

http://www.heritageguitar.com/
Dealers can be hard to find, but they are made in the old Gibson plant and have a good reputation for a superior quality to price ratio.

I guess what everyone is trying to say is, we'd all buy a guitar as different as possible from what we already had. Unless you hate the sound of humbuckers, why buy a variant on what you already have?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@lovedastrat)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is heritage only in America? If so I dont know if they sell them here in Australia

ReplyQuote
(@lovedastrat)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I assume the 535 are the alternative to the gibson es 335, but are you going to get the same kind of sound out of one. Or could you recogmend any other models?

ReplyQuote
(@lovedastrat)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I also have the opportunity of getting a 1989 Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton signature series which is pewter in colour and has the three lacesensor pickups

ReplyQuote
(@jwishart77)
Estimable Member

Hey you probably know this already but I'll put it in anyway because I only found out recently.

Billy Hydes in Camperdown don't only sell drums, they actually have the biggest guitar selection I have seen in Sydney, so if you haven't been there already, check them out.

From what you're saying it sounds like you have probably been checking out Jaclson's Rare Guitars.......what a sweet shop! They give 100% trade in too on the life of your guitar, so if you buy the $5,000 one and in a few years have another $5,000 saved up, you can take your guitar and your money and get a $10k guitar! Although it would probably be hard to part with a $5k guitar you have been playing for a while...

ReplyQuote