Clear all

Ages and Bdays !

156 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
22.2 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

December 18, 1970 which will put me at 35 very shortly. I also get a lot of the "Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas" gifts. Having a bday a week before xmas kinda sucked as a kid. Now, I don't care at all.

I work as a Programmer Analyst for a large finance company. Mainly web related stuff but also do Notes development.

Slightly offtopic, but I notice that a lot of guitar players work in IT. Wonder what the correlation is?

Jason
I think the correlation is that a lot of guitar players who work in IT surf the net and participate in forums not that there's a correlation between guitar and IT per se..

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Chronological Age: 25

Metal Age: 12 Year Old Boy

Mental Capacity: Can Cotton Wool Hold Water?

Birthday: 6th August 1980

Star Sign: Leo - ROAR!

Odd/Random Birhtday Facts:

Mother - 3rd August 1954
Ex Step Son - 5th August 1983
Old Wedding Anniversary - 5th August aswell
My Birthday on 6th August
My High Shcool Best Friend - 13th August 1980
Ex Husband - 20th August 1959

My son Jake shares a Birthday with VicLewis on 12th June, but he was premature and was actually meant to be born on..... 5th August!!!

And my parents phone number is the years we were all born - 55(My Dad) 80 (Me) 54 (My Mum)

Weird huh?

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

January 7th 1953.
52 seems like just yesterday I was 18.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I think the correlation is that a lot of guitar players who work in IT surf the net and participate in forums not that there's a correlation between guitar and IT per se..

Excellent point! That has a way of slipping my mind. :oops:

I guess I've been doing this online thing for so long that I sometimes assume just about everyone does.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hey Vic, I'm a twelve man too!

May 12, 1954. I am 51. I am older than Pet's mom. :cry:

My oldest daughter Courtney was born on May 12, 1976, my 22nd birthday. She was also born on a Wednesday like me (child of Woe).

Occupation? I just started a new occupation after 15 years as a Quality Assurance Technician. My company closed and was outsourced to China and Brazil. I now work for a company that makes precision bearings for companies like Pratt and Whitney and NASA. Yep, our bearings go to space! I still work as a Quality inspector, but am also learning much about metallurgy. Did you know that steel is mostly composed of air?? It is. Pretty interesting stuff. But it's very dirty and heavy work. I also work with chemicals. I mix solutions and test them for proper concentrations. I also operate systems that eliminate hazardous wastes.

So, I have just glorified my job. It is dirty, very physical, and fairly dangerous too. Operating furnaces that heat gases to over 1200 degrees F is a little scary. If one ever blows, they'll never find me. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey Vic, I'm a twelve man too!

May 12, 1954. I am 51. I am older than Pet's mom. :cry:

My oldest daughter Courtney was born on May 12, 1976, my 22nd birthday. She was also born on a Wednesday like me (child of Woe).

Occupation? I just started a new occupation after 15 years as a Quality Assurance Technician. My company closed and was outsourced to China and Brazil. I now work for a company that makes precision bearings for companies like Pratt and Whitney and NASA. Yep, our bearings go to space! I still work as a Quality inspector, but am also learning much about metallurgy. Did you know that steel is mostly composed of air?? It is. Pretty interesting stuff. But it's very dirty and heavy work. I also work with chemicals. I mix solutions and test them for proper concentrations. I also operate systems that eliminate hazardous wastes.

So, I have just glorified my job. It is dirty, very physical, and fairly dangerous too. Operating furnaces that heat gases to over 1200 degrees F is a little scary. If one ever blows, they'll never find me. :D
Steel mostly composed of air, huh... That must explain me then, since my surname is Steel. Yes spelt THAT way.

It wasn't untill I started training as an Architect, that I got my most interesting and funny nick name.... "Stainless" I'm surprised no-one thought of it before. I would always get pages from supply catalogues of stainless steel door handles etc, through the internal mail. It was pretty funny.

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

27 June 1961 = 44

I am an engineering inspector on missile aiming systems, working to tolerances of +/- 0.005mm (trust me thats bloody small) and formula 1 engine parts.

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

July 4th 1987 (18 years old). It's a shame I live in Canada or else it would feel like everyone was celebrating my birthday 8)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

July 15th 1977 - 28

I'm 6'2" 200lbs, I like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners. I am out going with a great personality. I am a dog lover. I'm not the type that needs to go out all the time, I would rather cuddle by the fire reading romantic novels. My sign is cancer and I just love kids.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

December 23, 1976 - 28

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Maybe someone should start a new 'Personals' thread.

I'm 5ft & single btw :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

50, November 11, 1955.

Family doc/med school prof

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

july, 18 (Cancer)58 (Year of the Dog)
Master GlassCraftsman, semi-retired SAHD Homeschooler.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Chronological Age: 25

Metal Age: 12 Year Old Boy

Mental Capacity: Can Cotton Wool Hold Water?

Birthday: 6th August 1980

Star Sign: Leo - ROAR!

Odd/Random Birhtday Facts:

Mother - 3rd August 1954
Ex Step Son - 5th August 1983
Old Wedding Anniversary - 5th August aswell
My Birthday on 6th August
My High Shcool Best Friend - 13th August 1980
Ex Husband - 20th August 1959

My son Jake shares a Birthday with VicLewis on 12th June, but he was premature and was actually meant to be born on..... 5th August!!!

And my parents phone number is the years we were all born - 55(My Dad) 80 (Me) 54 (My Mum)

Weird huh?

Uhh yeah, this is weird. I'm not into astrology but don't most of these numbers fall into the sign of Leo (of which I am one). And does that mean anything significant. As it relates to astrology? :?

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Dec 16th 1957. Christmas birthday as well, and on top of it, I have a twin sister! So not only did we get the xmas/bday gift combos, some cheapos even gave us somthing to share!!

Also, interestingly enough, my mom, son, and husband all celebrate their birthdays on October 18th. I also have a reat nephew born on that date.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 11