Clear all

Agile Opinions.

28 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just ordered a B-Stock Agile AD-2000 for $140 plus $16 shipping. I've been wanting an Agile for quite a while and when I saw this deal I grabbed it. Here is a link to one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guitar-DC-Double-Cut-Agile-AD-2000-BK-Flame_W0QQitemZ220083903673QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway back to the opinions... Who here has an Agile and what are your opinions.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Two here. I love 'em.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I've never heard of them, but that seems like a whole lotta guitar for the money! Congrats.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Boxboy, if you want to check out Agiles, go here: http://rondomusic.net/

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Thanks, Ric. 8)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

I like the look of these...three single coils on a semi hollow body! Sweet! I want the red one. It's gotten fantastic reviews, too! Agile's are sweet!

http://www.rondomusic.net/harm3semi.html

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just hoping that this Agile isn't damaged too much. Anyway I will know soon enough.

Thanks for your comments!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I have an SX 5-string bass from Rondo - really nice. I'd get this Agile...

http://www.rondomusic.net/product809.html

...in a heartbeat, sight unseen. The reviews of Agile are good enough for me. :)

Nice guitar you got there!

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I might have to buy one sight unseen as Demo says. Rondo isn't even on the radar here in Canada. I'd have to order from Rondo themself I guess. But they seem like such great value for the money, it looks worth the gamble.
So say a few years down the road, I've got to get pots or something similar replaced: is there anything unique to those types of components? Something where it would have to go to back to Rondo or an authorised service provider in the US? Or I could just take it to a local luthier and say, 'Maybe you can't match the finishing exactly, but this needs replacing. Let 'er rip.'?

Don

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yeah, you would be fine with repairs and what not. The only thing I would watch out/check into is the import tax.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Great, thanks, Mike. After all the free trade stuff, I'm not clear on how any of those duties stand anymore. I'll check it out.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The hardware's all standard stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

So how are the electronics on the Agile guitars? Are they decent quality? How about the pickups? Do you need to factor in replacing the pickups as part of the price of buying one?

What about the frets? Are they smooth and even? Are the edges clean?

Thanks.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I would never dream of replacing the pickups on mine. Never.

The frets are very smooth and even. The necks are great.

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Which 2 do you have, Ricochet?

Don

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2