Notifications
Clear all

Agile Opinions.

28 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

AS-820 with P-90s. AL-2500 with 3 P-90s.

The pickups are Japanese Gotohs.

These are the same basic guitars sold as Tokai "Love Rocks." Minor cosmetic differences.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

I have an al2000 and al3000. I also have a couple sx strats and a shorty bass for the kids. I really like the agiles as is, and the sx's are very good deals, but might need a little more work on the frets, setup, etc. My al3000 is top of the line for the price range. You can get some more reviews at http://www.agileguitarforum.com .

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Here is the Harmony Central page on Agiles.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Agile

Although you might wanna go to the rondomusic.net site first to find a guitar that you like.

I bought an SX Strat copy from Rondo a few months ago. For $120, I could hardly ask for more. I changed the Pickups and the electronics which it needed. Anyway here's a couple of pics of my altered SX Strat.

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/gallery_image.php?action=view&iid=232#pictop

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/gallery_image.php?action=view&iid=233#pictop

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

GAS attack impending. It's the AS-820 with P-90s I've got my eye on. It'll have to wait until after tax time though.
Hey, Ricochet, you're a Doctor, right? Shouldn't you be working to alleviate these GAS attacks instead of helping to induce them? :wink:

Don

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sorry, bb, you have to deal with your own GAS. :D

(I do love that AS-820 with the P-90s. It's kept away most electric GAS since I've had it. Haven't bought another for myself since that one, and don't plan to, though I do like the looks of that 12-string AS-820.)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have an Al-2000 Natural Flame Maple. It is incredibly sweet. I love it. The Koreans are building really nice stuff these days. An Agile from Rondo, sit-unseen is a good bet. If it happens to come to you with flaws, they will be accomodating to help alleviate the flaws or replace it with another. I would love several more Agiles. I have my eye on three or four at this time!!!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I've had the Agile double cut a few days now and I still am not used to it. It is very well made, better made than the Ibanez RG321MH and the Schecter Omen 6 that I sent back to MF. Main problem was that it shipped with the wrong bridge pickup. I emailed Kurt(Rondo customer support) about it and he sent me the right pickup. UPS should deliver it tomorrow.

High quality, low price, and incredible customer service, great combo.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You won't find customer service like that from any of the "major" guitar companies.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

How did I miss this thread? I love my Agile AL2000 Gold Top and my SX Strat aint bad either.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Welp, UPS came and brought me a set(2) of Humbuckers, even though I only wanted one. Amazing Customer Support.

If you ever read forums or reviews of Agile guitars or Rondo Music, its almost like those people are brain washed. Now I know why.

TRGuitar,

Nice looking axes. I came SO close to getting an ash SX like that. I ended up getting the red SX Strat instead. Pics of it are in a previous post in this thread.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That red SX is nice. Now I want one of those too. :lol: I read some complaints in reviews on the ash one though that the pickups were anemic. Rondo doesn't mention it, but on the guitar's headstock it clearly says "Vintage Series". I think they are that way on purpose. I resisted Rondo for a few years but gave in and tried one. Now I am a true fan of their guitars.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

Hey, vanzant38, does that red one have the larger head stock? Did you say you recently purchase that new? I like that headstock, and wish they put it on more guitars. I didn't realize they were putting them on any SXs still. Let me know, thanks.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

TRGuitar,

Good Point. Vintage Series may not be the kind of pickup that I like but the rest of the guitar I really DIG.

It is amazing how low I can get the action on that guitar(SX).

guitbusy,

I didn't know what you were talking about at first so I looked at the Rondo site and yep there is a different head stock on the new SX Strats.
I bought mine from Rondo's ebay store, I just checked my feedback and it was dated Sept. 23, 2006. Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2