Clear all

all right bears

87 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

you got that right margret, walter was the best, and a true class act, i have gotten to see him play at soldier feild several times,
NOT ONLY THE BEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME, BUT THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN.

cnev, i wouldn't bet on that if i were you, but if you must, i'll take it 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Roughly two hours to the big game. C'mon Bears!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Make every play, clear the way to victory!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation
With your T-formation

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
And let them know why you're wearing the crown!

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,
Chicago Bears, Bear Down!!

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I had a super bowl of chili tonight. Sure did enjoy it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Doh. Bears lost. Billy sang the national anthem though :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Good game by Peyton. Weather really wreaked havoc on both sides. Get 'em next year, Bears!

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

It's the beard comb over, isn't it?

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

yeah colts

that was the other team wasn't it :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i don't want to talk about it :evil:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

you got that right margret, walter was the best, and a true class act, i have gotten to see him play at soldier feild several times,
NOT ONLY THE BEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME, BUT THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN.

So you never saw Pele? Best? Cruyff? Maradona? Now they were FOOTBALLERS.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

i don't want to talk about it :evil:

Not the result we wanted Rocker, but nothing to be ashamed of. The Bears had a great season, and the Colts were just the better team yesterday. Bears are still NFC Champions. :D We'll get 'em next year! 8)

BTW Vic, those are Soccer players? I like soccer, and have alot of respect for the game, but totally different than "American" Football. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I ve one question though ....

Quote Billy " I was so worried about forgetting the words to the National Anthemn "

But you remember the words to Piano Man ???

Come off it ........

please

Call your self a entertainer ?

We have our National Anthemn taught to our kids from a very young age and it seems this super bowl is more about money than the sport
$3 million for a 3 minute advert ......Just plain creed

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Well, I may be going out on a limb here, but I imagine Billy Joel has sung Piano Man a few more times than the National Anthem.

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

So ..IT'S THE NATIONAL ANTHEMN so in America the national anthemn isn't taught at school , every day it isn't sung ?

I doubt that last staement to be nearly half true , whats the average schooling term for a child over there ?

Everyday the national anthemn is played in my sons school , every day he along with every other child at his school sings it , this will continue for 12 years of his schooling life ...

250 days of school per year muliplied by the number of years of schooling 12 = 3000 times my son will sing it and he isn't no international artist .....

And our National anthemn is longer ....

Just another snooty international artist who wants everyone to feel sorry for him

booo bl00dy hoo

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

If I were you Trev, I would feel very proud and lucky to be having your son sing your country's anthem every day of his school life :)

Here in the UK that would never, EVER be allowed to happen!

Even going back years and years to when I was in junior school (7 to 10 years old) there were complaints that we sung "hymms" during assemblies - let alone the National Anthem!

Just last week, a friend of mine got a letter from the local council, warning him that if he didn't take down his Union Jack flag, he would be fined! SO it's now become illegal for a British man to fly the British flag?!?!?! Madness of the highest degree!

Maybe I should move to Oz like my mate did.....sounds a much better place than here......

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

So ..IT'S THE NATIONAL ANTHEMN so in America the national anthemn isn't taught at school , every day it isn't sung ?

I doubt that last staement to be nearly half true , whats the average schooling term for a child over there ?

Actually, I believe my statement was entirely true. In my 12 years of public schooling, I never learned the National Anthem and have never had to sing it. Not once. I don't know anyone who ever had to, and I doubt Billy Joel ever had to do it in school either. Like a lot of songs, I can follow along when someone else is singing, but I don't think I could do it myself without really thinking about the words, because it's just not something that I've ever had to sing.

When I was in school, we had to recite the Pledge of Allegiance everyday, but never had to sing anything. In fact, the only time I ever hear the National Anthem is before sporting events and things of that nature.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6