Am i allowed to GAS on an ipod.....?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi ,

This may seem weird but these days besides the gas for a guitar which i have ever...now i am even gassing for an ipod.What happened actually that i saw my friend listening over an ipod in my college.Well i took the earphones and got BLEW OFF. :P

Amazing quality and even more than that i love the design.You can just look at it and your eyes don't get tired.(my friend is a bass player and hell i am jealous :evil: )

Anyone of you posses an ipod...lets have your experiences and views about it.Do you find its price justified or should apple drop it down...

Lets have it now...(i know this won't help my gas anyways but still i might get smothered down a bit :oops: :oops: )

Rahul

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Well, the "G" COULD stand for Gadget.....

I don't have one, but I think it would be neat someday. Just never made a priority list.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

I got my first iPod earlier this year. It is the best thing I have bought in years. I'm not into gadgets that much but this was well worth the price. I got the 60GB model and put all my CDs on it. It has totally changed the way I listen to music.

I think if you have a large music collection and you can afford it, this is definitely worth it. Mind you, it might not be for everyone. Personal music players are kind of anti-social. But great for travelling and time alone.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I had an iPod and loved it that I bought 2 years ago, but the battery died and the warranty had expired so I couldn't get fixed. I looked around and found some other good mp3 players for a better price. I'm just trying to say look around first at other mp3 players. I know the iPod's battery aren't that great so be warned.

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

iPod batteries do need a little special care. But Apple will replace the battery for $59.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

paul what do you say about the sound quality ?And how much you got it in China (tell me in dollars)

ReplyQuote
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Actually, I got my iPod in Canada. I bought it from the Apple website so whatever price they list it for there is probably what I paid. I think $400 sounds about right.

Sound quality depends on what you're listening to. MP3s don't sound as good as CDs. But AAC, which is the default format in iTunes, sounds as good as CDs to my ears. When you rip a CD or download from iTunes your files are in AAC format. I don't have any complaints about the sound. The only complaint I have about iPod is that they seem to have new models come out every few months. At least that's what happened in 2005. So within a month of buying mine they had a few more choices available. Even this is not that big of a deal because I'm still very happy with what I bought.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

ReplyQuote