Notifications
Clear all

Another statement needs to be made !

48 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Oh , the gloves are off I see ! I purposefully started another thread so as not to offend those with a lack of good taste when it comes to guitars , but it's obvious lack of taste also carries with it lack of manners . I always hear that LP's are too heavy on this forum . It's probably true , if you're a WIMP !

P.S. I'm just funnin' with ya !
But then consider all those delicate-fingered LP wielding wimpos who need to play short scale, low tension guitars strung with fairy hair. Gimme razor wire on 25.5 in any day, and I'll wrestle my axe for its music. :wink:

(Thanks for bringing this one back C'noir!)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nope, sadly I returned it. It was beautiful, I found a few issues with it and sent it back. I wasn't thrilled with the pickups in it too.

I replaced it with this, and got a P90 LP w/ very nice pickups for a much cheaper price:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al-3000csbp90.html

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There were a couple of threads like this running at the same time, and AT THAT TIME, I came down in favour of my Squier Tele. Of course, that was before I tried the MIM Telecaster.....

Different strokes, different folks. Personally I can't see me ever playing anything other than the Tele I've got now - but you never know!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I absolutely love my billion dollar Gibson Air Guitar made of Solid gold, diamonds, mother of pearl, rare abalone species, special ivory of long extinct elephants and superfine platinum coated strings.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I absolutely love my billion dollar Gibson Air Guitar made of Solid gold, diamonds, mother of pearl, rare abalone species, special ivory of long extinct elephants and superfine platinum coated strings.

Epiphone do a copy at 1/2 a billion if you can't afford the Gibson........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh , the gloves are off I see ! I purposefully started another thread so as not to offend those with a lack of good taste when it comes to guitars , but it's obvious lack of taste also carries with it lack of manners . I always hear that LP's are too heavy on this forum . It's probably true , if you're a WIMP !

P.S. I'm just funnin' with ya !
But then consider all those delicate-fingered LP wielding wimpos who need to play short scale, low tension guitars strung with fairy hair. Gimme razor wire on 25.5 in any day, and I'll wrestle my axe for its music. :wink:

(Thanks for bringing this one back C'noir!)

Wrestling , now there's a sport for ya . Two sweaty men grappling with each other . I for one don't see the attraction to wrestling with a guitar . I like to think of the guitar as a woman : caress it and beautiful music can be made . It also has another side , full of fire and able to rock your world .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Wrestling , now there's a sport for ya . Two sweaty men grappling with each other . I for one don't see the attraction to wrestling with a guitar . I like to think of the guitar as a woman : caress it and beautiful music can be made . It also has another side , full of fire and able to rock your world .

Think you want to hold up on that metaphor. It's not going to end up pretty for the LP.

Instead, I recommend you head down to the city and catch the real, live Les before he's no longer playing among us.

Truth: LP, Strat, Tele, SG -- doesn't really matter to me. I don't really care what others play, will play each of these and other models (own a several Fender, many others, but no Gibson), and never think of any one as anything close to human. The only real beef I have with the LP is Gibson's quality versus price. It's a shame to own so many classic designs, but not always do them justice in the build. The only Gibson I came close to buying in recent years was the Johnny A Custom -- but the traveling Custom Shop guy refused to sell. That led to my first Fender purchase.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Epiphone do a copy at 1/2 a billion if you can't afford the Gibson........

Vic

Thanks Vic. I will email them for a quotation today. Or else, I will order the frooglepooplion dollar guitar from Gibson.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Lol I still don't get this......... I like guitars. The whole this guitar is "better" than that guitar seems to be a bit crude to me. Sorry guys :lol:

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Lol I still don't get this......... I like guitars. The whole this guitar is "better" than that guitar seems to be a bit crude to me. Sorry guys :lol:

I like guitars, too. Not saying I wouldn't play an LP if someone gave me one - but I'd rather spend my money on a Tele. I'm more comfortable with it.....others are happier with LPs, SGs, Strats, Jacksons, Johnsons, Explorers etc etc etbloodycetera - the best guitar is the one that suits YOU best!!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

D@mn, you've put it all in perspective! Here i was trying to decide if an Epi LP is as good as a Gibby LP, and now i feel so superficial ....

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Yeah you superficial person. Seriously though yes I understand you saying an Epi verses a Gibson but Stratocaster Vs Les Paul. Both of them are good instruments and if it was up to me, if I could financially afford, I would have both.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yeah you superficial person. Seriously though yes I understand you saying an Epi verses a Gibson but Stratocaster Vs Les Paul. Both of them are good instruments and if it was up to me, if I could financially afford, I would have both.

If I could financially afford, I would have all the guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

What is a"Gibson"??

The guitar I just bought from China on ebay says "Gibsun" - did I get ripped off???

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

What is a"Gibson"??

The guitar I just bought from China on ebay says "Gibsun" - did I get ripped off???

From the same craftsman who made your Rollex watch maybe?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4