0 Likes
(@rocker)
Noble Member

thats a fact, ricochet 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, some mistakes are okay, and some studio reworking cool is as well. But I appreciate a band that can be honest about themselves and what they sell people. Frank Zappa often reworked the TMOI live performances. But if you check his album notes, you will find the studio embellishments and edits clearly listed. Few bands ever do this. Similarly, quite a few bands use studio pros in recording, but never mention it. I really like to know who's actually doing the playing so I can buy more of that person's music.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

for real 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Having seen Aerosmith several times live in the past 20 years, I believe that they can play when they're sober. I've seen them wasted, and it was bad. I pay pretty close attention to the various musicians at a concert, and usually catch the obvious things (vocal and guitar doubling). I'm pleased to say that almost all of the rock concerts I've been to recently have appeared true to me - or I have been well fooled.

Also, there are stories of studio albums where the guitar solos are patched together from many different takes. And I know of a piano player who was trying to get this really fast riff in, and the producer never liked it, so they finally did it via computer. While it's true that the piano player wrote it, it's still a little sad...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2