Clear all

Are you a "Hot Air Guitar" player too?

42 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

$600 FOR A PURSE!!!!????

Apparantly that happens. Not that it's my problem, I'm convincing myself that girlfriends talking about wearing Prada is like men talking about becoming rockgods: fun to think about but we all know it ain't gonna happen. :P

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It was a Louis Vuitton. Personally, no purse with anybody's name or initials all over it will ever be bought by me! Especially for $600! And, I think they're butt-ugly purses, anyway! :D

100% agreement on that (including the ugly part)! I refuse to buy any clothing or 'wearables' that has a brand name plastered all over it. Why the heck should I be a free walking billboard for somebody's advertising? And it looks kind of tacky and showy too. :(

Of course, if a manufacturer wants to put a discreet patch on something like a guitar headstock, letting us know that it's made by Fender or Gretsch or whatever, then I'll admit that that can be interesting information. :wink: I still try to make sure I buy according to feel and sound and not the label though. :)

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Well, here's how it works....

My girlfriend allows me to spend $600.00 or MORE on accessories that keep the loudest thing in our place
sounding wonderful....
HER!!!!
I drop 600 bucks on a Prada leather checkbook for her....
And she makes the most wonderful sounds you ever did hear.
Then later that night, she tells me I'm a RockGod!!!!
And you know.... Some nights, I really do believe her. :D

And everyones happy!!!! :D

Actually, if I'm gunna drop that kinda change on somethin'.... It had better be an investment.

Like my former wife.... She has this affinity for both Audrey Hepburn, and Truman Capote.
So natch a first edition 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' was in order for a gift.
Depending on condition now.... 500 - 3000.
Throw in a tipped in page with authors signature - 5000 now.
A year ago - 3500.
An investment.

I'd like to see a Prada bag pull that much of increase in value at a garage sale 20 years from now.

Ken :wink:

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Prada .. Gibson ... we all have our brand names.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I suppose a "hot air" guitarist could be said to be suffering double GAS pains.....gassing FOR guitars, and gassing ABOUT guitars......

(Gassing - English slang - empty talk.....)

Oh yeah - and which idiot started this business of ending posts with a row of dots? He should be singled out and given a severe talking to. And maybe bribed with a Squier thin-line Telecaster to never do it again...........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

or we could just declare him a berk (sp Brits?) and be done with it ....

:wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I dunno......... I kind of like dots......... :D .............

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

...................... :idea: .........................

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't think it is necessarily bad to come to a forum like GN and talk about guitar. You can learn a lot about different gear, the latest fashionable music, and the the science of music itself. Plus you make lots of good friends.

And I'm not with anyone at present, but I know many "significant others" would prefer seeing us type away quietly at the computer than playing guitar at 10 P.M. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

And I'm not with anyone at present, but I know many "significant others" would prefer seeing us type away quietly at the computer than playing guitar at 10 P.M. :D

That's why I'm glad my BF is another guitar player! He understands! (And, he can say the same thing about me!) When the muse calls, it's time to play! Even after 10 p.m! I've dated non-players in the past, but they just didn't get it.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There are times - too many to think about! - when I've been lying awake in bed in the wee small hours when I've had an idea for a riff, or a lyric's come to me....I've just had to get out of bed and play it or write it down. At 3-4am, there's always unplugged electric.....in my own little music room, with the door shut.

I suppose I'm lucky that, while Marilyn's no musician, she's pretty supportive of my guitar-playing, even if she doesn't always like it....like someone recently said, it's better than fast cars, loose women or drugs....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

^^Great point. I get ideas too. Sometimes I'll be laying in bed and I'll get these great ideas for lyrics. I'll jot them down on paper and them put them somewhere safe to look at the next morning.

And it's great to have support for your love for guitar. Having a love for guitar is better than having love for fast cars, drugs, and loose women like you said. Among many other things, of course.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh yeah - and which idiot started this business of ending posts with a row of dots? He should be singled out and given a severe talking to. And maybe bribed with a Squier thin-line Telecaster to never do it again...........
I may well have done that...

As you can see, I'm not really given to rows of dots, just ellipses...

Someone's upped the ante with dot inflation...

And I most certainly can never be bought off so cheaply...

But I can definitely be rented for a bit...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

What I call "Hot Air Guitar" is a sort of version of Air Guitar, but instead of standing there flailing away at thin air, you simply talk about guitar.

If I'd spent all that time practising instead of typing and talking I'd be pretty darned good by now, instead of just moderately mediocre.

I think I fit into this category. Except I'm not even moderately mediocre.

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I aspire to mediocrity...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3