Clear all

Are You Tough Enough for Daisy Rock?

46 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yes, TL, they are Schecters. I think they started as indiependent, but got bought by Schecter?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I think they started as indiependent, but got bought by Schecter?
Opposite. Distributed by Schecter until 2003.

But still related - Pres. of Daisy is married to the Pres. of Schecter.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Still holding out for a Power Puff Girls guitar:

And YEAH, I'd play it. Hello Kitty works for me too.

(O that Blossom ...)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I did that once, I went into a Store and saw this beaut from across the room, then when I saw it was a Daisy....My first thought was ummmmmm :roll:

Then I said, heck with it.. I'm man enough... LOL

I want this one though:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am a big strong manly man, not some flabby girlie man, but I would play this. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If you can get a good sound out of it, does it matter what colour it is or what it says on the headstock? I took my Squier Tele to the pub last year, one guy said "Hah, so you can't afford a Fender....." I took £500 out of my wallet, flashed it in his face, and said, "well actually I could - I tried a few and I liked the Squier....."

He said "can you play it?" and proceeded to SHRED for about a minute or so.....

I replied "Not like that, but I can play what I want to play, and since I bought this POS, my playing's improved .....so why spend all that money?"

It ain't the guitar, it's what the guitarist does with it - and if the guitarist's happy with his axe of choice, who's to tell him he's wrong?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Wise wordage Vic.

However, having said that I would probably draw the line at playing the more outlandish looking Daisy Rocks in public. My playing is not good enough to be able to carry it off. It would be just like wearing gold football boots. Ronaldo can get away with it - I can't!!! :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I would buy this one

In a heartbeat.

12-string AND left-handed!

I own the right handed version! And I love it!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Amen to what Vic said.If it plays well, i don't care how it looks seriously.Only two things matter in a guitar when its in my hands -

1.Tone

2.Playbility

And third, that it should be lefty of course (which is quite a big requirement ain't it ? )

Somehow i feel being girly would be cool, if at all.I am in for the 12 string too !

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

:lol:

OK, now that you've told the story, you have to show us WHICH Daisy Rock it was.

Margaret

Not positive, they look different in pics, but I think it was the blue one here. I do like that Hello Kity guitar but I dont think I could play it in public.

Jim

Those two look cool, but the flower & heart guitar... no way! :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

hell yes i'd own one and id play it proudly.

and i could prolly use it to make fun of myself too

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

See here is where I seem to differ from most of you all. The order for me is

1. How it looks

2. How it plays

3. How it sounds

I dunno but I just honestly could not play an ibanez shred kind of metal guitar in public or in my home. Unless it sounded AMAZING or gave me a distinct speed edge (which then i'd play it at home) I just dont think I could play it.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I usually don't care about how it looks at all, but this is different. I think this probably depends on where everyone lives, but in college town Groningen it would be considered pretty darn cool if a guy would come on-stage with a pink heart-shaped guitar. Let me dust of my pink hat, my pink-baby-dog-shaped handbag and white cane and I'll be The Man tonight. Not taking yourself serious is fun, these guitars allow you to politely mock yourself while still holding a perfecly fine electric guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Not taking yourself serious is fun, these guitars allow you to politely mock yourself while still holding a perfecly fine electric guitar.Exactly.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

What about the crowd, which rofl when one turns up on the stage with that ?

Advisory - Wear a lipstick, eye liner (lots), lip gloss and chick attitude before hitting the stage with this guitar.

Then,

shred the hell out of the guitar.Or play like Zakk Wylde.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4