Notifications
Clear all

B.C. Rich Warbeast + some other questions

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@evil_minion_overlord)
Topic starter  

OK, I recently purchased the B.C. Rich Warbeast ( http://www.bcrich.com/warbeast_guitar.html ) from Musician's Friend. I haven't gotten it yet, but what can I expect from it? (btw, I noticed there is another topic called Warlock - the Warbeast is a different guitar, so I'm not like re-topic-ing)
The humbuckers are BDSM Humbuckers - are these good, or should I replace them with some new ones?
What's the difference between pickups and humbuckers?
And how do I pull of that screeching noise? Do I need an effects pedal? (The screeching noise can be found in By Myself by Linkin Park at 0:02 seconds, during the intro)[/url]

(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member

The song sounds like alot of gain with some artificial harmonics barred over a fret. (Not sure which fret though). I've never owned a B.C. Rich but I've played them and I don't really like them. They're often very heavy guitars and I don't like the sound either. The wood that they use is subpar most of the time and as for pickups I'd reccomend EMGs.

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

Its mostly to do with taste - if you don't like the pickups and want something more from the tone, then either ask on here or go to a local store and ask them.

and i'd agree the sound heard in that Linkin Park song is probably harmonics and a lot of gain.

Maybe theres another website somewhere that can tell you exactly what rig was used for that song/album.

ReplyQuote