Battle of the Virtual GN Bands

114 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
25.7 K Views
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey I wanna play!!!!!! :)

I also beat the skins and recently aquired an M-Audio Axiom K/B - MIdi Control.. IT HAS PADS ON IT!!!!

I'm flashing back to my drumming days with these pads on here. Anyhoo, I was a pretty good drummer in my day. I'd love to get a mix-down and see what I can do with it in Live.

Cheers.
D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

gnease: Yup, I think he owns more sets than I do guitars. :lol:

Dagwood, and Bish if you're watching, it'd be an honor.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey geoo,

ColoradoFenderBender and I are teaming up. How about you join us? You could do the vocals, or whatever else. Having not spoken to CFB yet, we still need to decide upon a song, cover/original etc...

Could use another person in "the band". :D

SOLD.. I'm in

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Ah, the M-Audio Axiom......I love that thing!!! I had wicked fun hitting up different sounds in Nuendo and then trying to match the tones the pads were assigned to pitches on the keyboard by ear. And some Muppets impersonations, too. And testing 'playing' it wth pencils (sticks, sticks, sticks, just mini-sticks, with erasers on the end, but they're still sticks!!). Still haven't really figured out how to program the faders/rotary knobs, though. That requires a real keyboard player, I fear.

I'm up for doing something, athough I'm hugely insanely busy next week. But anytime after that should be fine. Just don't ask me to sing. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Geoo can sing for us all!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

wow. I just realised I'm 30 posts away from 1000 posts. :shock:

okay, 29 now. this must be some kind of record.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Blueline, might I suggest a different list of skills for this? What you have is fine, but doesn't include me. I just gave myself the ability to record and just listened to myself for the first time ever. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Beginner
Been Playing On And Off For Four Years, And Should Sell His Gear And Make Sure Never To Breed
Beginning Intermediate
...and so on...

LOL...Hey, I'm up for whatever levels you guys want to use. I figured we sort that out once we have somewhat of a definative list of bands that are in this thing. Listening to my recordings we'll have to have a "Did he use his butt to play that?" level.

That said, I open for suggestions on how this thing should work. So speak up boys and girls!! I mean, once the GN Battle of the Virtual Bands Cd goes platinum, we'd have to take the show on the raod. " cuz I'm bad. I'm NAtionwide"

So far, there seems to be 2 bands forming and a few people looking. I would say...start PMing people if you want to join up. Don't be shy. The more the merier.

Hey CFB and geoo....what are you guys thinking for a song??? Original??? :D :D :D :D

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey geoo,

ColoradoFenderBender and I are teaming up. How about you join us? You could do the vocals, or whatever else. Having not spoken to CFB yet, we still need to decide upon a song, cover/original etc...

Could use another person in "the band". :D

SOLD.. I'm in

Jim

SWEEETTTTT 8) 8)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Where The Dog at? He'd be all over this.
Hey CFB and geoo....what are you guys thinking for a song??? Original??? :D :D :D :D

Cover would be easier but original would be more interesting. You have any original stuff you're working on? We'd need a starting point if we were going to do an original, since we arent all sitting together brainstorming.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

*cough* http://ejamming.com/ *cough*

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Cool!!

Dylan covers anyone? Scrybe... ? Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat? or something like that :twisted:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Jim...I have a few things we could use if we want to go te original route. Some need lyrics...(staring intently at YOU!) and most need alot of tweaking but it could be a start. I have absolutely no problem doing a cover or an original of yours or CFB's. I'm open to whatever you guys want to do.

WE NEED A BASS PLAYER!!!

YO Smokindog...where are you man????

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

(staring intently at YOU!)

If its okay with the rest of the band.. I'd love to write. We can do an original for sure.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

turn your head, please.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

turn your head, please.

Are you holding his Ernie Ball Strings? :lol: :lol: :lol: (hahaha, I crack my self up)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8