Clear all

Battle of the Virtual GN Bands

114 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
25.7 K Views
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

There's sonmething wrong with your tele vic, it has one to many strings on it :lol:

I've got a 4 day weekend I'll get something down over the next few days

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There's sonmething wrong with your tele vic, it has one to many strings on it :lol:

Ah, maybe, but it's the same colour as this one.......

I've often wondered, instead of taking the bottom E string off, why doesn't Keef tune it UP to G instead of down to D? I must try it sometime....I think you'd get a nice drone in the bass.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Took me forever to get rid of the low D too.

Sorry for delays. Lost track of thread and was not getting reminder emails for a bit. Back on it now. Just messed around with the intro. I'll find a decent tone tomorrow. Something similar to what Vic used, guys?

I can do something else if you want to keep the Vic Lewis guitar. I can be the one who turns around and looks at the back of the stage. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

How are we doing on this guys? Any updates?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Someone should move this post to the "Online Jams & Collaborations" forum so it doesn't keep getting burried, & since it has nothing to do with opinions & polls. :roll:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I have been swamped with home duties of late. I am prepping my house to sell.
I do plan to work up slide parts this weekend and post them or send them off.
now that summer is here I am sure we'll all have great excuses.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have been swamped with home duties of late. I am prepping my house to sell.
I do plan to work up slide parts this weekend and post them or send them off.
now that summer is here I am sure we'll all have great excuses.

In the same boat as you. Preparing to sell my home. My bet is that this will start to take some shape near the fall timeframe (in the US)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dogbite, Vic, Tele and who else? Dagwood? Want I should start a thread over in the colab section for us? Anyone decide on our final name?

Vic, I've not played the song much. My Tele's low G string is giving me intonation nightmares. Hopefull resolved soon.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Name?
How about . . .
Diddly Knot (or Naught)
In honor of Mr. Diddly (and it sounds naughty)?

And if you move the thread to Collaborations,
I promise I won't bother you again.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8