Notifications
Clear all

Behringer Guitar

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@espltdec50)
Topic starter  

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this because I'm new here, but I was looking at this today and it really caught my eye. Has anyone ever played one of these or know anything about it? I thought it was pretty cool because it could hook straight into a computer through a USB plug...anyway, I think the price might make this too good to be true?

Thanka.

here's a link to it
http://www.behringer.com/IAXE624-BD/index.cfm?lang=eng

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Looks pretty cool to me.

However for $100 USD I Can buy a Vamp2 and use it with any guitar. I can also use it with any amp if I need to.

With this guitar you are pretty much limited to the computer for anything out of the ordinary. JMHO

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Make sure that you do not fry the USB port by playing the guitar at high distortion.

Is this guitar really reliable or does what it claim ?

Read reviews or play one yourself in the store. For me, I would be happy to play with traditional guitar plugged into the amp.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I don't know about that particular model, but for the most part, I am satisfied with the Behringer equip. that I own. Also, pro guitarists use the pc types of setups; John McLaughlin has been playing a pc sampled guitar/USB setup for many years.

I'm not sure if it appeals to me, I'm kinda "old school" with an amp with knobs & all, but I do appreciate the concept. As a previous poster mentioned, I would surely like to try one out at the store first without laying out cash in advance.

:)

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

It's still able to operate as a standard analog strat-like guitar. You don't have to use the USB port.

I'm wondering if the guitar itself is the same as the one Behringer puts in their starter packs, or is it a better guitar?

Another option might be to get a guitar you really like the feel of, and then get something like this

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Make sure that you do not fry the USB port by playing the guitar at high distortion.

Impossible.

ReplyQuote