Clear all

Best of Guitar Boxed Set

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bford)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I'm trying to think of all the songs I like well enough to make my own "Best of Guitar"boxed set. Songs like Horse with No Name, Wish You Were Here, Eruption, Silent Lucidity, Free Bird, Stairway to Heaven. Songs that you want to listen to over and over again because it has great guitar work in it. Songs that are in the rock genre. Rock,Classic rock, metal, grunge. You know what I mean. I would like your input please. Tell me which songs you would put in your own Best of.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

(@alangreen)

Oooooohh, almost a re-run of the My Top 10 thread from 2002. I've got it on a single tape, too.

Don Mclean - American Pie
Everly Brothers - Kathy's clown (number 1 the day I was born)
Supremes - Stoned Love
Petula Clark - Downtown
Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
Rush - Closer to the heart
Simon & Garfunkle - The sound of silence
T-Rex - Ride a white swan
Queen - I want it all
Madonna - Like a prayer

Some of them don't have guitar parts on the recorded versions, but sound pretty good using power chords.

Thinking about it - this bit being typed about an hour later, I'd probably include some GnR, Led Zep and early Queen in the list too, as well as a lot more Rush.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote