Clear all

case for Schecter C-1 Classic?

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@iflyok)
Topic starter  

Hey all,

I'm the proud owner of a new C-1 Classic and love almost all aspects of this guitar. However, I'm having trouble finding a case that fits. I read bad reviews of the form fitting case from Schecter so I immediately wrote that one off. Now I'm not so sure about that decision. The trouble area is the headstock. It's bent, like an LP, requiring more depth between the neck saddle (part of the case that supports the neck) and the floor of the case than the strat cases that I've tried. However, the guitar body is shaped like a strat so it won't fit the LP cases that I've tried. Does anyone here own a C series Schecter that has found a case, other than the Schecter case, that fits nice? Thanks!

(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I had a Schecter C1 S/H and used a Freedom case for it and it worked fine - no issues with the headstock.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have the diamond series case with mine and it's a good case. I read bad reviews on it too but they aren't accurate.

Get the Diamond Series case for your Schecter.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@iflyok)
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I know this is an older thread, but Schecter makes hard cases for all of their guitars. You can call them directly and they will give you the part number. Just order it online somewhere.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread.
I know this is an older thread, but Schecter makes hard cases for all of their guitars. You can call them directly and they will give you the part number. Just order it online somewhere.

Yes, but it was getting very bad reviews for construction and durability. At least they were back when I was looking at one for myself but, I haven't checked since.

I ended up with a Core One case. Universal (yes it contours for the angled headstock) and built like a TANK!!!

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I bought one. Never a problem one with it.

ReplyQuote
(@iflyok)
Topic starter  

Yes, but it was getting very bad reviews for construction and durability. At least they were back when I was looking at one for myself but, I haven't checked since.

I ended up with a Core One case. Universal (yes it contours for the angled headstock) and built like a TANK!!!

Thanks for all the advice! I did not see this latest idea until after my Schecter case arrived. It's about what I expected after seeing the reviews. Overpriced for what it is, but fits just right. I'll cross my fingers concerning the durability. I would guess that it's good that I don't gig more than a few times a year, but that's not really fair without giving it a chance. At least it fits. Thanks again guys!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'm sure it'll work out for you. I've taken mine to gigs for many weeks and it's never been an issue or a problem. I like the case myself.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@iflyok)
Topic starter  

I'm sure it'll work out for you. I've taken mine to gigs for many weeks and it's never been an issue or a problem. I like the case myself.

Hey, I'm real glad to hear that! Since you seem to have experience with it, have you had any issues with the open pockets? Do they seal real well when the case is closed? I'm not concerned about a pick floating around, but can a capo or some other small piece of hardware escape one of these cells? I'll bet not, since you say that you like it, but I thought I'd ask just in case (no pun intended :wink: ) Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I carry a strap, extra strings, an extra (short) guitar cord and a tuner and capo in it. I'd never thought about anything escaping so I guess not...LOL!

Bish

ReplyQuote