Clear all

Charvel EVH Art Series

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. Well, I just came across a 2004 Charvel EVH Art Series guitar at one of my local music stores. Since I've seen this guitar anywhere from $1,500-3,200 the $800.00 price tag seemed attractive. 'Of course, there must be a catch' I thought. Well there were four things.

1. Chrome Neck plate (not the orignal EVH neck plate)
2. EVH Art Series Hollogram that is supposed to be on the wood plank under the tremelo springs in the back must have been taken off, because only the reminence of a sticker is there.
3. 1 large paint infliction. About the size of a nickle, its a chip in the paint.
4. No Hardshell case

Seeing as this series came with an American made G&G, it was a misfortune to not have its original case.

I know that you guys are probably assuming that this guitar is a EVH Fake, seeing as there are hundreds of people that replicate this line of guitars, it was a concern of mine. However, I have done some re-search and its either A. a true, real EVH art series. or B. The guy/company that replicated this did unbelievable. There are simply too little imperfections to even concern a fake.

It virtually matches every other one of its color. Exact stripes, exact headstock Charvel logo, proper 12th inlay dot placement, correct headstock sticker stating Edward Van Halen's FMIC Paint job, etc.

However, as you can assume, lacking its original neck-plate, & hollogram really kills me. I am a man of completeness and I have searched all the way to mariana's trench looking for those two things. I realize that Charvels/Jacksons put the serial number on the neck plate, so if I were to use another neck plate it would be simply lying. Having said, this brings up a question. Do Charvels/Jacksons put a serial number anywhere other then the neck-plate? Under the neck? Just curious.

I have contacted Charvel/Jackson/Fender about purchasing a Hollogram, Neck-plate, getting a neck-plate made, etc and they continue to tell me that because the instruments are no longer made, it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy those things.

So my best bet I guess is to post on here and see if anyone might know of a person/place to find/buy a Hollogram/Neck-plate.

I can't even buy a stock 1 Humbucker pick-guard from fender/charvel for it because they don't make them anymore.

Any ideas people?

I hate incompleteness.

Thank you guys,

Josh

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Nothing guys? Well, please inform me if anyone knows of anything.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I think you are out of luck. Hence the $800 price tag. If you want a cool hguitar to play, go for it. If you are looking for a collector's piece, I think you should pass.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Think about it this way: there are two things, exactly two, that would truly authenticate the guitar and be extremely difficult to replicate. This has neither.

Don't let GAS cloud your head.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, however the instrument had one of the things important to complete it. The hologram, has been previously on it. You can see severe reminance of the hologram. The only piece missing is the neck-plate. I dont know if you guys noticed but I said, I BOUGHT it already it is not a thought. It has been done, and now I am looking for those things to complete it. There is just no way its a fake. Do you guys know if it has a serial under the neck? I can pull it off and run it...

Thanks guys

Josh

ReplyQuote