Clear all

Clapton's Back Home - Weird Problem

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I just bought the dual disc version of the album. The song "Lost And Found" seems to end really abruptly at about 5:20-21, on both sides of the disc, DVD Audio and CD Audio the same way. I looked up the track time online and 5:21 is correct (generally). I've replicated this on my computer's two drives and on a standalone player. Anybody noticed a similar issue? Thanks.

"There's no easy ways man," he said. "You gotta learn the hard parts for yourself."

(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Clarification: It seems as though the song is supposed to end abruptly, like at the end of the measure, but that's not what i'm talking about. Mine seems to cut out about a beat or a half beat before where it should. Almost like the track is cut just long enough for the player to read that last crash on the chord and then change to the next song, but instead it reads ahead and ends up skipping the last second. Know what i mean?

"There's no easy ways man," he said. "You gotta learn the hard parts for yourself."

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I don't have the CD, but you're not the only person I've heard bring this up. Seems it does it on everyones. When I listened to it online there was a fade out, so could be there was a mistake or it's a "feature" of the CD.

ReplyQuote
(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure I"m not completely crazy. I guess I can deal with it.

ReplyQuote
(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I was able to work around the issue by applying a fade out in audacity. If anyone is neurotic like I am and would like to know how to fix their copy, let me know and I can provide instructions. I won't hand out the mp3 though.

ReplyQuote