I can't drink anymore, but when I was able to:

Corona
Dos Equis

I like the flavor of Mexican beers.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I can't drink anymore, but when I was able to:

Corona
Dos Equis

I like the flavor of Mexican beers.

So does Vic :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ah Dos Equis - that's the Mexican beer they served in the Mexican restaurant on W McDermott just down from Albertson's - a huge glass, loads of ice, a slice of lime and you could sit outside all day in the shade with cool air pumping out of the vents....ahhh, heaven!!!!

Same restaurant ran out Carlsberg the first week we were there....the fact that I went there most days is besides the point, I had nothing to do with it, OK?

(Yeah Right!!!)

They also ran out of Shiner Bock after the second week - again nothing to do with me- honest!!!

(Yeah Right!!!!)

Elecktra darling, you really can keep the Corona's though....I wouldn't touch another one of those if they were giving them away....

:D :D :D

Vic

PS Coffee/Tea time may be over, but I can always find time/room for a few beers....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ovation_player)
Trusted Member

1. Bass Ale
2. Sam Adams Boston Lager
3. Pete's Wicked Ale
4. Coors Light

"This song starts off kinda slow then fizzles out altogether" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Newcastle
Bud
Heineken

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

PS Coffee/Tea time may be over, but I can always find time/room for a few beers....

(Yeah Right!)

:roll:

Even I can't find time for "just a few". :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

and then a few more to wash the few beers down....

Then a couple more to keep the fluid levels topped up....

Another couple to keep them company....

And you can't leave a couple of beers standing there, can you! So they have to go as well....

And then you have to replace them.....

And then you can't just leave them there, like little unhappy garden gnomes...

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That's better! :lol:

Sounds like a good song to me, Vic, eh? :D

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

'tonight we'll drink the whole town dry, keep wor spirit levels high'
Mark Knopfler- Why Aye Man about migrant construction workers

sorry couldn't resist :D

Guinness and Newcastle if my uncle is paying, otherwise I refuse to spend money on it, in the long run I know another guitar is healthier for me :)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Harpoon makes a nice IPA.
Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA is outstanding if you really like hops, but be careful 'cause it's like 9% EtOH.
But you can't beat a Pilsner Urquell when you're thirsty or a Guiness (or Murphy's, some days) when you're hungry.
Oh, and a Licher Pilsner when I'm in Germany. Maybe Greybead knows what I'm talking about.

If I had back all the money that I've spent on beer in my life I could probably buy a house, let alone a guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

No I said Bud Light...

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Yep, I've had the occasional Licher. Trouble with Germany is, that there are something like 2500 breweries and the majority are regional - some "regions" extending to the boundaries of the village! Bavaria is very proud of it's beer, so "foreign" beers (which includes anything NOT from Bavaria) gets very little look in. Having said that, we do get Czech beers (the REAL Budweiser, Urquell, etc). At the moment, I have Augustiner Edelstoff in my cellar along with Holledauer Weissbier for my wife. For the brewing buffs Holledau/Hallertau is about 20Kms from where I live and produces about 20% of the world's crop of beer hops (most "lager" recipes use Halletauer hops). In Bavaria, beer is actually defined as a foodstuff and not an alcoholic beverage.
There are places that serve something that has "Guinness" on the tap and it does come out, looking for all the world like Guinness, but it sure don't taste like the Liffy water itself. The Brits who have seen the Guinness ad "Rhythm of Life" will understand when I say that I have a great deal of sympathy for the mudhopper's opinion!
I was sitting in a "bar" in Bangkok, a couple of weeks ago - it's the size of a football pitch, it's outdoors with a mobile roof (although what good that would be, I don't know - by the time they started it moving everyone is going to be sodden and by the time it's fully rolled out, the rain will have stopped) and it serves beer from my local brewery!!!!!! I go 5500 miles and get served beer that was brewed 3 miles from where I live. Singha and Chang are very good substitutes, though.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Q~why do they call it "dos equis"?

A~the brewmaster needed a co-signer

:lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Last time I tried German Beer was in 1975 at the Wiese (sp?) Oktoberfest....beer was served in 1-Litre glasses (Steins?) - the resultant morning after hangover doesn't even appear on Pet's list....suffice to say it's the main reason the Richter Scale now goes all the way up to 11 instead of 10....I've sworn off German Beer ever since (after swearing at great length AT it....) but I suppose 30 years of self-denial is long enough....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Not much changes - it's still the Wies'n (with the most expensive beer in Germany) and the beer still comes in litres (very much like an elephant) - generally called a "Mass" (which is the German word for "measure", as in portion). I found out the embarassing way that the word "Stein" is unknown in Bavaria, in reference to a beer-pot. I spent 5 minutes trying to convey to them what I wanted and was then rather snottily told that a Bierkrug is what I was talking about - but I did end up with one full of beer, so no harm done!!!!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6