Clear all

is this illegal?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

is it illegal to send music that is on my computer to others over msn by sneding someone the file?

$MAX$

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

is it illegal to send music that is on my computer to others over msn by sneding someone the file?
If you are talking about copyrighted music you either downloaded or purchased the answer is YES. It is illegal to copy copyrighted material and give it or sell it to others. It is OK to lend or sell someone an original CD or tape or whatever but not if it's a copy.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Where you been Maxo?

Do you mean your own recordings of your own original music? Send away, no problem.

Otherwise see Nils post.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

If you are talking about copyrighted music you either downloaded or purchased the answer is YES. It is illegal to copy copyrighted material and give it or sell it to others. It is OK to lend or sell someone an original CD or tape or whatever but not if it's a copy.

Fully agree, however how is it different lending a CD to buddy knowing his going to copy it :?

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Fully agree, however how is it different lending a CD to buddy knowing his going to copy it?
You're actually doing the copying in this case. If you just lent a CD you could claim you didn't know he planned to copy it if someone took you to task.

ReplyQuote