Coffee

111 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Before moving to Orlando, I lived in Seattle for 30 years, and I used to deliver mail to the original starbucks at Pike Place Market. And since Seattle has a starbucks on every corner, you might say I have starbucks coffee running in my veins. I think it is over rated though. I would prefer a nice cup of Seattle Best instead.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I watched a show on the History Channel about coffee and I have convinced myself that I want a home roaster so I can try my hand at making my own fresh roasted coffee.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I just got back from vacation. Small island off the coast of Georgia. No place had any good coffee what-so-ever. I just finished off a pot of Dunkin Donuts Cafe Blend. Life is better now.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nescafe Open Up :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

alo people!

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I like Starbucks. There's this little coffeeshop in Avalon NJ that my friend worked at that had goooood coffee. I like it strong with no milk, but i do put a more than decent amount of sugar in it.

My dad drinks coffee by the pot, yet he refuses to drink anything that's not from Duncan Donuts or WaWa. I made some starbucks in our coffeemaker at home (Verona Blend) and he hated it. Claims it's not real coffee. I took him to a coffeeshop down the street (well, it used to be there) called Brew HAHA and he said that wasn't real coffee either. He keeps saying "i like coffee, not that fancy stuff." I could get him coffee beans straight from whatever they grow on, and make it for him and he'd still say it wasn't as good as WaWa...I don't understand.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

coffee coffee coffee I love coffee, but when I spell it I always forget an e or f :(

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

coffee coffee coffee I love coffee, but when I spell it I always forget an e or f :(Maybe you haven't had enough coffee?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Kenya AA or Ethiopian Yirgacheffe are simply the best.
But you have to find a good buyer and roaster, and George Howell is the best. He used to run a chain of shops in the Boston area called The Coffee Connection, which he basically had to sell to Starbucks, before becoming the coffee economy development expert for the United Nations. He runs a tiny cafe called Copacafe in Lexington, Mass. now and a mail order business called Terroir Coffee that treats coffee as an artisan form much like wine. It's really quite a revelation if you love good coffee.
Mmmmm, precious life-giving coffee.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've said it before, and now I'm saying it again....TEA!!!!

You'll still get the caffeine kick, the difference is TEA smells and tastes nice....

After 3 weeks in Texas (the only tea we could find was Lipton's) the first thing we did when we got home was put the kettle on and make a decent cuppa...ahhh Tetley's!!!!

I'd even have settled for Brooke Bond or PG Tips...but that first cup of Tetley's went down so well....!!!!

If - despite my dissolute depraved lifestyle - I end up talking to St Peter, I'll bet you he's got a good stock of Tetley's tea in...well he'd better, or else I'm packing my bags and moving on....

Heaven is a place where coffee doesn't smell......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Vic, Vic, you must learn to travel with your own supply. It is quite impossible to get good hot tea in the southern states and most hotels have coffe makers instead of kettles where ever you go these days.
I was reading Guy Fletcher's diary when he was on tour. Whenever he had nothing else to write about, Knopfler's keyboard man would recount stories about the travailes of making good tea on the road. His kettle and cups have a strange habit of wandering off. He also spent much time on the wonders of making Glengettie tea the proper way.

Which I can relate to as we are quite heavy tea drinkers in my family. On her last trip my aunt brought over a couple of boxes of Marks and Spencer. I think she forgot she had already packed some and went out to buy more. :D

PS
I'm having Irish Breakfast right now :)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Irish Breakfast?

Bacon Eggs and Guinness?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

:D
Speaking of things Irish (and totally OT for a minute), I just saw the Top Gear episode where the blind former Bosnian soldier beat Terry Wogan's time around the track.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry we're a bit behind in the colonies...

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

:D Actually I think theat's my great aunt ...
Speaking of things Irish (and totally OT for a minute), I just saw the Top Gear episode where the blind former Bosnian soldier beat Terry Wogan's time around the track in the Susuki.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry we're a bit behind in the colonies...

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I personally like Tim Hortons coffee. I believe that its more of a Canada thing, but they are now still branching out to Michigan and some of the northern states in the US. They have the best coffee and it appears their coffee also it has the most caffeine :?

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8