Decisions, decisions - Updated---Decided

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Jim-Bone:

First, congrats on that new beauty! Great guitar! I was playing it and it is one of the best guitars I played. It sounds very nice, looks very cool and feels great!

I finally decided on a CP 50s because the 60s' model was in light blue and it had a scratch in the neck, near to the first/second fret. Probably somebody didn't sand correctly or with an incorrect tool. And also I preferred some features in the CP 50s.

Second, when I was shopping, I also was looking for info and reviews. The pick-ups are Custom Shop 69. Somebody opened the guitar to review if they were signed by Abigail Ybarra (link). Apparently they are not signed in that guitar. I also read in other forums some people reported the pick-ups were authentic. I guess Fender would not lie...

Anyway, those are one of the best pick-ups I have heard! They sounded very different to the normal Classic 60s and 50s and also to my Classic Player 50s.

Congrats again and have fun! :D

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

My thanks to you, Nuno! It was your comment about the CP series that made me give that guitar a second look. I wanted to try a 50s, but they didn't have any in stock. That's kind of the bad thing about this GC. Some guitars like the Les Pauls and SGs are there in great numbers and colors. The Strats, not so much except for the MIM Strats. It seems like they have at least of each color and pickup configuration.

Anyway, thanks again for the compliment and suggestions.

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats on getting the strat. It looks great !

Be careful with the setup. Patience is the key here. I would recommend you to take the guitar to a qualified repair shop, where they can setup the guitar for you.

Also, it would be good, if you can request the repair person to let you see the basic setup steps like adjusting the truss rod and the floating bridge (for action etc).

Good Luck and enjoy your strat.

Rahul

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

My thanks to you, Nuno!
You are welcome! :D

I've got a lot of things of this site and these forums so if I only can contribute with some of my small knowledge to help you, I will be happy. :D

I think you didn't any sort of reinforcement but this is a review on that small treasure.

When I bought my guitar I was very lucky. When I went to the guitar store they have received a lot of different Fenders so I can play from normal MIMs to several Custom Shops. For example, the Eric Johnson Stratocaster is a very good guitar but, probably, the best deal is in this series: our guitars and the Baja Telecaster. BTW, Musica was thinking on buying a Baja Tele, I don't know if finally she did it.

Nuno

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2