Clear all

Squire Hot Rails Strat

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi All, I've got a couple of hundred bucks in universal gift card money buring a hole in my pocket. This piqued my interest. It appears to me relatively new on the market. Could no6t even find reviews on Harmony Central. Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Deluxe-Hot-Rails-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=519754

My local GC and Sam Ash do not stock upper end Squires, so I've got no way to test drive it. Might have to break my rule again about not buying guitars without test driving them.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@the-dali)
Noble Member

The white one looks nice Roy. I've heard that these are made int he same plant as the Squier '51s... so build quality should be pretty decent.

Have you looked for this version?

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0300500504

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The white one looks nice Roy. I've heard that these are made int he same plant as the Squier '51s... so build quality should be pretty decent.

Have you looked for this version?

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0300500504

I had not seen that one yet. I just looked on MF and didn't see it there. Looks interesting. I like the satin finish.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

I'd recommend taking a look at the G&L Tribute Legacy Premium series, or any of the G&L Tribute instruments. The quality is well above anything you'll find in a Squire-series, and the prices are competitive for the Tribute series. I bought a G&L Legacy Tribute Premium from Musicians Friend for $399 and I couldn't be happier. I've owned mine since 2004, and the only thing I've had to replace was a noisy volume pot, but then I gig with this guitar, so that's not unreasonable at all. That's my G&L in my avatar pic.

The thing is gorgeous, and it plays like a dream. I get players walking up to me after a set all the time asking about that guitar and I love letting them noodle on it a bit and remark on the great tone and feel and then tell them what it cost and watch their jaw hit the floor!

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote