Clear all

Deep Purple

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Tomorrow night, Orlando House of Blues (with Edgar Winter)

YEAH!!!! 8)

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I smell smoke! Enjoy!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Edgar Winter? That sounds like fun.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I saw the classic DP line up - Gillan, Glover, Blackmore Lord and Paice - way back in the erly 70's. Don't think my ears fully recovered!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I got to drive Edgar to/from his hotel a few years back when I was working at a club in CT where he played. He didn't have a lot to say, no where near as fun as the guys from 38 Special

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This is the first time I've seen Deep Purple, the fifth time I've seen Edgar Winter. The band line up for Deep Purple is Ian Gillian, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Steve Moorse, and Don Airy. I'm really glad it's at the House of Blues. They're playing the next night at Ruth Eckard Hall in St. Pete. I've seen Tom Jones and Ringo Starr (with Edgar Winter) there. Great place, but I want to party! I've been a Deep Purple fan since.... forever.

There's this rock legend that involves Deep Purple and Pink Floyd. The story goes that Deep Purple played in Charleston, SC the same night Pink Floyd played in Columbia, SC. Me being in the 8th grade and a Sunday night, I couldn't go. DP and PF somehow discussed the situation of both bands playing so close and on the same night, that Deep Purple opened with a Pink Floyd song (One of These Days), and Pink Floyd opened with a Deep Purple song (Child In Time). A pratical joke on the audience. I don't know how true it was, I heard it on a radio station in Columbia after the show, but it's definately something to fantasize about. The question is, which would you rather hear?

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the late 60's/early 70's and see LOTS of concerts.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The question is, which would you rather hear?

BOTH!
If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the late 60's/early 70's and see LOTS of concerts.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Have a great time! I saw the original Deep Purple line up in Chicago when they reunited for the Perfect Strangers album & tour. What a show! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I got to drive Edgar to/from his hotel a few years back when I was working at a club in CT where he played. He didn't have a lot to say, no where near as fun as the guys from 38 Special

Sounds like you had an interesting job!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Muse,

Actually it was a really fun job. It started out to be a couple days a week but ended up being 4-5 days a week. I also had a full time job in the daytime so getting home at 2-3 AM on weekdays got to be real tough after awhile, but man did I get to see and meet a bunch of great bands.

I worked in the ticket booth but did a ton of other stuff at the club too. I worked security, loaded bands in and out (not that much fun) usually got to pay the artists after the show, except for big national acts like the Green Day's or Scorpions etc.

Pretty much all the free liquor I could drink..thankfully I'm not much of a drinker or else I would have been in trouble.

Got to drive a bunch artists to and from their hotels.

The best part was getting to see all the shows and we had alot of good peple come through, Sheryl Crow, Pantera, Bowie, Green Day, Live, BB King, Scorpions, Hootie, Korn, Deftones, Danzig, a ton of blues guys pretty much anyone that wasn't doing the giant stadium tours. I must of seen hundreds of concerts after awhile I got a little burnt out.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I saw the classic DP line up - Gillan, Glover, Blackmore Lord and Paice - way back in the erly 70's. Don't think my ears fully recovered!

I saw Deep Purple back in '73 with the original members. I couldn't wait to go as they have always been one of my favorite bands. But the volume was incredible. This was in a packed auditorium that held probably 20,000 fans. I was across the far side from the band in the bleachers and I couldn't handle it. This was more than extreme, it was ear-piercing. As much as I loved the band, I left early because the volume was actually painful to me.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

After the concert....

:D :shock: :o

ReplyQuote