Skip to content
do you ever hear di...

Notifications
Clear all

do you ever hear disembodied voices when you play?

74 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10 K Views
(@blueline)
Noble Member

It IS a 6-string bass. The guy's name is John Myung and here's a video.

You bet. I love watching him play. The guy is a fantastic bassist. JP is not bad on the 7 string as well!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Thank you, Vic and EB.
Nice video.
I think I might have found a new toy.

Now back to our topic . . . Do you hear voices . . . .

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Here's an 11-string bass! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dunno much about Dream Theater, but that looks very much like a 6-string bass at first glance to me, Ken......look at the way he's hitting the strings with his fingers, and look at the thickness of the strings.

It IS a 6-string bass. The guy's name is John Myung and here's a video.

So for once, I wasn't far off! Hey, Mr Myung can PLAY a bit! Very tasty bass licks.....must find out more about Dream Theater......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Here's my take on ghosts: Wouldn't they be all over the highway? There's probably been a person tragically killed every 3 miles. I SEE THE CROSSES, but no ghosts. And a lot of them are teens and I'm pretty sure they would be bitter.
There are all kinds of stories about ghosts on the roads. I've never seen one, but I've seen a lot of zombies. :shock:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

Wes, your link to the article on crowley and ufo's really interested me, so i googled the Amalantrah workings, and came out with the "sacred texts" The actual written accounts of the ritualistic invocation of Lam over the course of around 6 months. I read through a fair bit of it but found it hard to get through, at first, and then started wondering about the potential spiritual implications of what i was reading, giving daemons legal rights to possession and whatnot. So i stopped. But i really want to read more now. I'm fascinated by these people, and I figure if someone like Jimmy Page, a known follower of crowleys work and alleged member of the OTO, has lasted this long even with a lengthy heroin addiction, perhaps the implications do not necessarily extend to this life?

I mostly want to know about the particulars of these early ritualistic trances they invoked, in order to get the information they needed to summon LAM, I'm sure, knowing a little of Crowley's reputation, drugs were probably involved, but they mentioned sexual, possibly tantric themed practices in the article as well.

I dunno, you've put me onto a new research topic now wes, which i thank you for. School holidays are fast approaching and now i have something to read up on in between lengthy practice sessions :D

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Uh oh
Does this sound like the beginning of a Stephen King novel or what?
Best wishes to you, Spides.

Wes also advised to "never experiment in this area".
My advice; Leave it alone.
Walk away whistling.

And in closing,
Something to the effect of,
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" - Alexander Pope
I believe is appropriate in this situation.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Uh oh
Walk away whistling.

Wow :shock: that is some story Wes, very disquieting indeed, and since Kenny is not shy about posting on this thred :wink: and now we are in Stephen King territory, I will throw in my own ghost story. :wink:

When I was a little girl, we moved to a house in a remote mountain valley. I remember having the same dream night after night and in this dream, there was a ghost in my closet and it was always the same ghost. He was lost and we spent night after night wandering around in a dreamworld. One night we somehow popped out at his hometown (somewhere in Germany) and he was suddenly free. I never had the dream again.

I was 7 yrs old.

Many years later I found out this house was built on the site of a former poorhouse.

So at that time, I was going through my own hippie phase, back in the 80's :wink: and I will not go into my experiences at this point but I did come away with this piece of knowledge:

The spiritual, or astral, dimension is overrated. Anything that is worth doing can be done in this life with these hands. We can dream of beautiful music but only as living human beings can we pull those dreams out into this world and give them material form :wink:

8)

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

don't worry, i aint exactly about to start sacrificing chickens and the like. As a committed agnostic (not to be confused with a lazy atheist) i think it's only fair i learn about the beliefs of others before forming any harsh (or favourable) opinions on them.

I have no intentions to get involved in any "satanic" practices, just learn a bit more about the people who do. I'll let you know if my head starts spinning tho ;)

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

i used to imagine that i was in front of an audience and would put on a concert in my living room. now it seems like there actually is one or something. i occasionally hear a person or a group of people talking with no connection to the real world, other than a reflection of what i'm playing or something.
if you're going to tell me to take medication, cram it.
Jason, did you ever get this resolved?
I checked out your sounclick page and think I might have found the cause of the disembodied voices.

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Ooo what a strange topic but I like it.
I have to agree with Wes. You can't necessarily rule out the supernatural in situations like this. Not everything can be explained with science. (Btw, Wes I have long thought that aliens could be more spiritual beings than men from outer space and that story and the article you posted was really interesting.)

I do the same as Electrablue, as well. When the furnace fan runs I sometimes hear what sounds like voices or even my baby crying. That probably is the mind just wanting to make sense of the noise.

However, has anyone seen the movie White Noise? It is based on an actual phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

...I have long thought that aliens could be more spiritual beings than men from outer space and that story and the article you posted was really interesting.

I'm convinced that they do exist. Its almost impossible for them not to! Space is far to large place for us to be the only living forms. (queue Steve Vai's "Little Green Men")

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, this thread came back to life. :shock:

Blueline, not to take this thread into areas where it shouldn't go, but that is not the only time I have seen UFOs. In fact, I have seen them about six or seven times in my life. Now, before you go thinking I am some kind of weirdo, I assure you I am not. I was brought up by my father who is very down-to-earth and common sense. We didn't talk about weird stuff like this growing up. I was very much a skeptic of anything strange until I had these experiences myself. But I really don't think UFOs are beings from another planet. I actually believe they are spiritual beings, and the behavior of UFOs seems to indicate this. This is why they can perform actions that are supposedly physically impossible like right angle turns at supersonic speeds (which would kill the occupants even if the craft could survive), accounts of UFOs disappearing instantly, diving into the sea and even mountains at high speed without explosion etc....

Now, why I have seen these objects, I don't know. It is not some kind of regular occurance, it is many years inbetween, and when I least expect it. I do not enjoy these experiences, they are troubling actually.

And now I am going to tell you a fantastic story. You will think I am making it up. I am a pretty good story-teller, but everything I tell you here is real. It is not exagerrated. This is not about UFOs at all, this is I guess a story about ghosts.

Here is the story...

In 1989 I moved my family from Florida to Connecticut. My oldest daughter (now 32) was 13 years old at the time and had a best friend named Marcy. We moved in July, and over the months Marcy and my daughter would talk on the phone several times a week. After we left Florida, Marcy made friends with some new girls who were heavily into the occult. The held seances and practiced with the Ouija Board. Marcy told my daughter that she had participated in this, and now things were starting to "move" around her. And my daughter would tell my wife and I about the conversations. We told her to tell Marcy to stay away from this type of stuff.

At Christmas Marcy flew up to spend the holidays with us. It was great, Marcy had never seen snow even once in her life. When we picked her up at Bradley Field (Hartford Ct.) it started snowing on the way home. We got 15 inches of snow and Marcy got to play in it! That was fantastic.

Marcy stayed about 2 weeks till New Years. The whole time she was there she kept talking about objects "moving" around her. And then my daughter said she thought things might actually be moving as well. This got me angry, and I told Marcy I did not want to hear another word on the subject. She said no more, and flew back home after New Years.

Well, time went on. But from time to time strange occurances began to occur. My oldest daughter's bedroom was actually in the basement of our house. May sound bad, but she had the biggest room and plenty of privacy, she loved it. But she would come up from downstairs at times and complain that her two younger sisters had been in her room and thrown all her clothes on the floor. But my wife told her that her sisters had not been in the room because she had been with them. These kinds of indidents happened several times, but they were months apart so you don't really notice.

Then one night my daughter had her best friend over. My daughter had two large beds in her room. I had bought my daughter a disco-light for Christmas (I think this was two years after Marcy), and they were lying in bed with the lights out watching the disco-light shine light on the room. Suddenly the light slid across the dresser it was on, banged into the mirror and turned over. My daughter and her friend rushed upstairs and told me what had happened. And my daughter is not some goof. She never drank, used alcohol, or ran with bad friends. She was school Treasurer as a Junior and Class President her Senior year. And her friend was a very good girl who went on to become a Registered Nurse. I am just telling you that my daughter is a very sincere girl and so was her friend. They both told me they saw the light slide across the dresser by itself, and I believed them, they seemed very serious and sincere about the matter.

There is more....

About a year after this, my daughter woke me abruptly at about 3 in the morning. She was very upset. She said she had been asleep in her room when a loud noise woke her up. She sat up in her bed and looked around the room. On that same dresser she had a large crystal candle-holder. She said the candle-holder was vibrating wildly, this was what was making the noise. Suddenly, the candle-holder flew through the air right at my daughter. She said she thought it was going to hit her. She had a canopy bed without the curtains, the candle-holder hit the canopy above her head (about 15 feet from the dresser), then flew back toward the floor smashing it into many pieces. She rushed up the stairs and woke me up. As I said, she was very upset. I asked her several times if maybe it was a dream, but she said, "Dad, I didn't dream it, I was wide awake! The candle-holder flew right at me! I thought it was going to hit me! Dad, I'm not making this up!" And I believed her, she has always been a very good and honest girl.

So I went down with her and saw the broken glass everywhere. And this glass does not break easy. All the windows in her room were closed, so it couldn't have been wind. We had no pets, so it couldn't have been that. We had no mice or rats, and this candle-holder was way too heavy for a small animial to move. The candle-holder actually left a large dent in the wood of the canopy above the bed. My daughter said it flew very fast through the air. :shock:

The one and only scientific explanation I could come up with is that we live on an earthquake fault. We have actually had one or two minor earthquakes in the past 30 years. In fact, we had a very small earthquake that woke me up about 5 years ago and caused some pictures to fall off a table. So, that is a possibility, although when put together with the other incidents is unlikely. Plus, the candle-holder had to actually fly upward about 15 feet to hit the top of the canopy.

There's more...

Then, about a year after that my wife was down in my daughter's room cleaning when she felt a hand on her back. She turned around quickly, but there was no one there. She told me about it when I got home and insisted she felt a real hand touch her.

Then two days after that, my wife was downstairs again and said she felt the same hand again, and this time it pulled at her clothes. She was very upset.

Then two days later my daughter was going down the stairs to her room when she felt someone trying to push her down the stairs. She said she had to actually hold on to the bannister to keep from falling. My daughter was dead serious and very troubled.

Well, now my whole family was very upset at all these things happening and expected me to get rid of this "invisible person" as we called it. I didn't have a clue what to do, and frankly, this thing was scaring the $%&^ out of me! I actually went to our Assistant Pastor who lived on the next street and asked him to come to our house. I felt like a fool telling him this ridiculous ghost story, but told him it was real and asked if he could get rid of it.

I am telling you, this is all true, no exagerrating.

Our Pastor did pray, and believe it or not we never had another occurance. We moved out of that house within the year and have not had any more disturbances like this.

So, that is my story. I NEVER believed in ghost stories. But I tell you, now I have become very open-minded. Now when I hear stories like this, I think that either the person is mistaken, or maybe misinterpreted a natural phenomena, is a liar, OR MAYBE THEY ARE REPORTING A REAL INCIDENT.

You can tell people about incidents like this, they will never believe until it happens to them.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

However, has anyone seen the movie White Noise? It is based on an actual phenomenon.

Excellent film.

I have to be waaaaaay down in meditative trance to get anything like this. No disembodied voices but definite visuals, people I went to school with, deceased family members. Meditating in Strawberry Fields the other week was something else, everything was completely silent; scary almost.

I came back to this post later to edit it before anyone thinks I've completely flipped.

My Grandfather's brother was a medium - took on facial expressions of the dearly departed and spoke in tongues and all that sort of thing. It scares the hell out of me and I want nothing to do with anything around this family "gift" - it nearly killed him.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

When you empty the house and leave the door open, anyone can walk in whether they have your best interest involved or not. True meditation involves targeted thought not thoughtlessness. "Most" mediums are hoaxes and the rest, you wouldn't catch me in the same room with. It's funny that so many "christians" follow these ideas but the Bible strictly forbids the use of spirit mediums or any form of "seeing".

Back on topic. I think that anyone has the potential to have some sort of psychosis. It's a matter of how you deal with things. We all "hear voices" to an extent. Most of us call this an imagination. If you nurture this too much it's like any other drug(being that our minds are biochemical machines)it becomes more and more dominant.

There are two wolves. One who wants to eat you and one that wants to protect you. They are fighting. Which one wins? The one that you feed.

Alright. Sorry bout that bit of insanity. Back to your regular programming.....er....schedule.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5