Skip to content
do you ever hear di...

Notifications
Clear all

do you ever hear disembodied voices when you play?

74 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.1 K Views
(@blueline)
Noble Member

OK, so does this mean the name of the forum changes to "goicesinmyheadNoise"? :lol:

Wes, great story. I'll make mine quick. Was a month after graduating high school. I was driving with a friend of mine in the passenger seat. I looked up, told my friend to look and we BOTH saw a light fly horizontal to the ground then make a 90 degree turn up to the sky. :shock: That's a fact jack.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That was the side effect of Nick's Infinite Improbability Drive that he uses to muck about in hyperspace.
The TSA, FAA, FBI or CIA has no regulatory jurisprudence in this area of transportation so "buyer beware" is advised.
On the other hand, MY Matter/Time Discontinuator has no such side effects.
It flawlessly transcends multidimensional time/space without causing such phenomena as you observed.
And for the low, low price of *^%#@ *&GsW . . . [transmission terminated]

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

OK, so does this mean the name of the forum changes to "goicesinmyheadNoise"?

Wes, great story. I'll make mine quick. Was a month after graduating high school. I was driving with a friend of mine in the passenger seat. I looked up, told my friend to look and we BOTH saw a light fly horizontal to the ground then make a 90 degree turn up to the sky. That's a fact jack.

Blueline, Oh, I believe you. Millions of people worldwide have reported UFOs over the years, some trained observers like military and airline pilots, astronauts, police, goverment officials, etc... I find it very difficult to believe that all reports are hoaxes, or even mistakes. People are seeing things, that is a fact. What they are seeing is up to debate.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Jueseph I respectfully disagree with your views on guided meditation vs. "thoughtless" meditation. Guided meditation can lead to insight but is often a type of inner pep-talk. Zen-type meditation seeks to cultivate an observing mind which does not label or judge. Also, the thoughts that do appear are examined for underlying patterns of negativity and then released. This not the same as turning to a Ouija board or some random charlatan for guidance in spiritual matters!

Poor Jason, hallucinations, psychosis and now communications from the Great Beyond :lol: maybe it's your fillings?

http://tafkac.org/science/radio_receiving_fillings_more.html

And now for something completely different: quantam physics, metaphysics and infinite probablities. Pay attention - THERE WILL BE A TEST :wink:

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Stellar, Stella.
Absolutely stellar link.

All the more reason for a Matter/Time discontinuator.
It takes all the hard work out of imagining the next dimension and folding that dimension to achieve your destination.
And for the low, low pricj#5i#@< [transmission terminated]

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

.... infinite probablities.

You're too late - Zaphod Beeblebrox stole the infinite improbability drive.

As I understand it, there are two forms of meditation - one is the empty mind and the other the focussed thought. Each to their own, and I go for the empty mind approach, but IMHO they must leave room for the other. For that reason, I disagree with it being a pep-talk.

Zen leaves me cold because I just don't get it, but I'm open to honest thinking about it if anyone thinks they can explain what I might be missing.

I believe in UFOs too - or at least I believe intelligent life exists in the universe and that they've come round for a look at this backwater of a planet.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Poor Jason, hallucinations, psychosis and now communications from the Great Beyond maybe it's your fillings?

Arjen, yes, people have been known to pick up radio from their fillings.

A little different, years ago I saw a program called People that had a very interesting man on it. He had been struck by lightning I believe 7 times and survived. He showed an old fashioned pocket watch that had a small hole burned in it, and a pair of shoes with small holes burned in them.

Although this made this man somewhat of a celebrity, he did not enjoy it at all and was terrified of thunderstorms. He said when a thunderstorm came he would close all his windows and doors and sit in the middle of the room. Once, while doing this, lightning came under the door and struck him. Another time when outside, lightning hit a nearby tree, bounced off and struck him.

Another time he saw a storm coming and told his wife he had to get out of there. So he jumped in his truck and drove about 40 miles away from the storm. When he thought he was safe he got out to see the storm far in the distance, except for one very small dark cloud above. A lightning bolt came out of the cloud striking him in the head and setting his hair on fire! :lol:

But he did not enjoy this at all, he would suffer burns each time and often be knocked unconscious (sp?).

So, who can explain something like that? I believe the man said he didn't have anything metal in his body that would attract lightning. He couldn't explain it himself.

There are some odd and unexplainable things in life. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You can tell people about incidents like this, they will never believe until it happens to them.

Hmmm, maybe, maybe not - I'm skeptical for the most part, but then again, there are some weird things happen for which there are no logical, or rational, explanation. Here's one for you.....

A couple of weeks after my dad died, my mum and I were talking over saturday breakfast. Turns out we'd both had the same dream - that my dad had taken me to Liverpool to watch a football match. We came home happy because Liverpool had won, and Ian Ross had scored the winner. We sort of laughed about it at the time, because Ian Ross never, ever scored for Liverpool. A couple of weeks later - the first game I went to after my dad died - Liverpool beat Arsenal 3-2 - and the winning goal was scored by.....Ian Ross. Another funny thing about that day - I'd written the team changes on the back of my match-day programme in biro. Before that, my handwriting was a joke in our family - my mum and dad used to say it looked like a spider had jumped in an inkwell then crawled all over the page. My dad's handwriting, on the other hand, was beautiful - he loved calligraphy, he was always buying new pens and trying them out. Always fountain pens - he hated biros. But when my mum saw my handwriting that day, she turned white and said something like, "that's your father's writing!"

Coincidence? Something else? I don't know....but I do know that, from then on, I regularly had teachers at school praising my handwriting - even holding it up in class for others to see.

Never seen a ghost yet, never seen an alien - but I live in hope!

As Conan Doyle once said, "eliminate the impossible, and whatever is left, however improbable, is the truth."

Or as Fox Mulder used to say, "The Truth Is Out There!"

I want to believe.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I like fountain pens. Gave them up in 2000 when I'd nearly torn my right arm off at the shoulder and had to learn to scrawl with my left hand for months. Just got out one, ordered a few bottles of ink off the Web and put it back in service a couple of days ago. I really enjoy writing with fountain pens. Ballpoints work better for the multiple part forms I often have to fill out, though. You can press harder with them without worrying about springing a nib, or clogging it up with paper fibers. Reminds me, I need to go refill my pen for tomorrow.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

As I understand it, there are two forms of meditation - one is the empty mind and the other the focussed thought. Each to their own, and I go for the empty mind approach, but IMHO they must leave room for the other. For that reason, I disagree with it being a pep-talk.

A :-)

Alan, there is nothing WRONG with a pep-talk. We could all use more of those :wink:

I was merely replying to the suggestion that there was a "right" or "wrong" way of meditation. A sincere moment of reflection never hurt anyone.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I like fountain pens.
Yes, but to stay on topic . . .
do those fountain pens talk to you?

ReplyQuote
(@wabbit)

Don't be silly
They communicate in writing

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I need to file my BAS/GST forms every three months...and my general ATO taxes every six months. This invariably means parting with money. When these periods draw close to each deadline...I hear voices, too!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Don't be silly
They communicate in writing
Of course.

Disembodied writing.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5