Clear all

I hate Fender

28 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

For making a new model of the Jaguars. Just as a decide to turn my guitar fund into a travel fund they make this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Jaguar-Special-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=518749

Must.........resist.......GAS.........

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I really like that white one! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I really like that white one! :D

plus 1 with me , only because I am color blind , the other one looked very dark to me

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Don't even try. It'll get you in the end. You are powerless to resist. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

For making a new model of the Jaguars. Just as a decide to turn my guitar fund into a travel fund they make this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Jaguar-Special-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=518749

cellphone model changes must drive you crazy.

A few significant changes according to the copy -- bridge placement, pups, pups circuits. Wonder how much of the orginal Jag vibe is affected and how. Though IIRC, strings popping out of the the saddles was a common problem given the original shallow break angle and low tension (from short scale). A little more downward force should help that.

Let us know if you get a chance to play one.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Don't even try. It'll get you in the end. You are powerless to resist. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

:D :D :D

Vic

You shall be assimilated! :twisted:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@easto)

I have also heard about the bridge problems and wonder if this was addressed in this new model? Since I've never played one before I wonder how you would go about checking this out?

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeee - I got GUITAROIDS!

And I have got Stratroids...

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I have also heard about the bridge problems and wonder if this was addressed in this new model? Since I've never played one before I wonder how you would go about checking this out?

Hard strumming - both near the neck and close to the bridge, plus throw in some string snapping/popping for good measure.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

:(
I got all excited thinking you didn't like strats.

I don't like strats.

I do love teles tho.

and from what i have heard, they aren't making these jags in lefthanded models, which I'm sure will piss off a fair few people on account of the whole Kurt thing.

But yeah. I would buy one. If i wasn't currently sitting well and truly below the poverty line.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I mostly like Gibson guitars so those aren't that impressive, GO LES PAUL AND SG

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Just to prove that I'm about as much help as gasoline on a hemaroid...... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/fenderjune

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

and from what i have heard, they aren't making these jags in lefthanded models, which I'm sure will piss off a fair few people on account of the whole Kurt thing.

Isn't the Jagstang supposed to be the model for true Kurt devotees?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Isn't the Jagstang supposed to be the model for true Kurt devotees?

The Jagstang was designed by Kurt Cobain so in that sense it is. However, he rarely used the model opting to use a Mustang or Jaguar instead. It's all just speculation but it could be he wanted to make changes to the design but never got around to it for obvious reasons.

This guitar bears close resemblance to his main guitar during the Nevermind era.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

exactly, kurt is one of the left handed guitarists pin ups, alongside Jimi for some (and not for others hey Grunge ;) )

A lot of left handed guitarists would want to play a guitar designed by kurt, and thus would be disappointed by this decision to not make the models.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2