Notifications
Clear all

I hate Fender

28 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Isn't the Jagstang supposed to be the model for true Kurt devotees?

The Jagstang was designed by Kurt Cobain so in that sense it is. However, he rarely used the model opting to use a Mustang or Jaguar instead. It's all just speculation but it could be he wanted to make changes to the design but never got around to it for obvious reasons.

got it. thx for the explanation.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

exactly, kurt is one of the left handed guitarists pin ups, alongside Jimi for some (and not for others hey Grunge ;) )

A lot of left handed guitarists would want to play a guitar designed by kurt, and thus would be disappointed by this decision to not make the models.

Not sure on that one as I'm not left handed but I can't see it. It would be like me wanting to play a guitar designed by Joan Jett because she's female.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

exactly, kurt is one of the left handed guitarists pin ups, alongside Jimi for some (and not for others hey Grunge ;) )

A lot of left handed guitarists would want to play a guitar designed by kurt, and thus would be disappointed by this decision to not make the models.

Not sure on that one as I'm not left handed but I can't see it. It would be like me wanting to play a guitar designed by Joan Jett because she's female.

That type of marketing is designed to appeal to one's emotional side, not logical side. Quit thinkin'. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

I dunno, i have a lefty friend who expressed anguish at this fact, thats how i heard they weren't making the LH models. I suppose not all leftys would get PO'd but at least one is. Besides the point tho, hot guitar at the end of the day.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I dunno, i have a lefty friend who expressed anguish at this fact, thats how i heard they weren't making the LH models. I suppose not all leftys would get PO'd but at least one is. Besides the point tho, hot guitar at the end of the day.

It's an unfortunate situation for lefties -- I've seen others suffer through this for many years. One or even a hundred PO'ed lefties who want a Jag, do not make a viable, sustainable market for a business. When companies do choose to make a model for a small market, and sell it at a bargain or reasonable price, it's usually called a loss-leader, as its sale delivers no profit to the company -- probably a loss. The purpose of a loss-leader is good PR that will lead to follow-on sales -- usually in the near term. I don't see how a lefty Jag ends up being a good biz proposition for Fender -- at least not until the right-handed version proves a good seller. Then based on those sales figures, maybe a lefty is justified. Again -- unfortunate for lefties.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I mostly like Gibson guitars so those aren't that impressive, GO LES PAUL AND SG

Have you ever actually played a Fender? Or even a Gibson for that matter?

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

I mostly like Gibson guitars so those aren't that impressive, GO LES PAUL AND SG

personally i've played both and kinda agree. I do love teles but Les pauls are wicked good. Depends on what style you wanna play i guess.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

personally i've played both and kinda agree. I do love teles but Les pauls are wicked good. Depends on what style you wanna play i guess.

And I'm the opposite. I've played many in both camps. LP?... eh, not so much. All of which proves nothing. So play what you like. And when someone starts a thread on Jaguars, assume they probably want to discuss Jaguars -- not your LP fetish.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

And I'm the opposite. I've played many in both camps. LP?... eh, not so much. All of which proves nothing. So play what you like. And when someone starts a thread on Jaguars, assume they probably want to discuss Jaguars -- not your LP fetish.
lol my thoughts exactly

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I like that guitar! It always steams me, however, that you spend $850 of your hard-earned money and they can't throw in a real hardcase. Freakin' gigbag...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Noff
(@noff)
Estimable Member

ooooooh - that blackout Tele looks good. Real good.

I've wanted an all black tele since I saw this pic:

ReplyQuote
(@jick-jackson)
Estimable Member

This version of the Jaguar gets my meter up a bit. It seems to address the problems that have always made me choose against buying an (insanely increasing in cost) older jag. I have played a few friends' and like em but the tremolo was unusable and heavy string bending did indeed knock the strings off the bridge often. I would like to hear the pups too, I have replaced the pups in most of my fenders but do like the fender atomic HBs, for example. And the HBs in a 1974 Tele Deluxe are a stellar match in that guitar.

I suppose the only place around here to try one out is at GC, which I try to avoid, but MF does offer a pretty generous return policy. What's GC's policy?

I'm guessing that you can find one of these in six months that would be quite a bit cheaper.

Oh and I quoted gnease because I get a kick too out of the fender vs gibson debaters. These are just two brands out of hundreds, many dozens of which are better than Gibson OR Fender could hope to be! :twisted:

Peace,
Jick

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Visit The Best Show on WFMU at wfmu.org

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

This version of the Jaguar gets my meter up a bit. It seems to address the problems that have always made me choose against buying an (insanely increasing in cost) older jag. I have played a few friends' and like em but the tremolo was unusable and heavy string bending did indeed knock the strings off the bridge often. I would like to hear the pups too, I have replaced the pups in most of my fenders but do like the fender atomic HBs, for example. And the HBs in a 1974 Tele Deluxe are a stellar match in that guitar.

I suppose the only place around here to try one out is at GC, which I try to avoid, but MF does offer a pretty generous return policy. What's GC's policy?

I'm guessing that you can find one of these in six months that would be quite a bit cheaper.

Oh and I quoted gnease because I get a kick too out of the fender vs gibson debaters. These are just two brands out of hundreds, many dozens of which are better than Gibson OR Fender could hope to be! :twisted:

Peace,
Jick

I have an Aria Pro 2 Pedlx.

It's an amazing, beautiful guitar.
It's got the sound and the good looks of a les paul, with the lightness and action of an SG or a fender. And better still, the neck is the perfect width for me, i like quite a thin neck, but i love the sound and looks of the Les Pauls, this guitar's neck is thinner than my friends strat.

Can quite happily reccommending to anybody in the market for a new guitar around the $700-800 mark (Australian dollars, although we're pretty much equal to american dollars now anyway so i spose that's kinda irrelevant.

The only real problem is the wiring, if your handy with a soldering iron, fix it urself, or else take it to somebody good, and get them to route in some 57's while they're there and you'll have a guitar comparable to any.

But yeah, love the jag-stangs ;)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2