Notifications
Clear all

Do you let others work on your guitar?

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Once you understand how to do the adjustments, you put alot more TLC into it and end up with a better setup IMHO

I live in quite a humid area for 2/3rds of the year and quite dry for the other 4 months. Each autumn and each Spring I find myself needing to make adjustments on at least a couple of them. Normally simple enough bridge height things, but still I could not imagine having to shell out dough for set ups each time one needs a little tweaking.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I agree, it would be crazy up here too. Dry dry dry in the winter with forced heat and everything outside frozen and pretty humid in the summer. I have 2 yearly adjustments, no way around them.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The SG I had was the worst offender of them all. Glad I sold it before the weather breaks in a few days. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

When I changed string gauges a few weeks ago, I made small adjustments to the bridge saddles, the bridge height, the trem springs, the pickup height, and then the truss rod.

In order to get it JUST right, I wanted to get it "roughed in" then play it until the strings were stretched in, then finish it up...meaning I made many small adjustments, adjusting, playing, checking, readjusting, rechecking...over about three days.

Maybe I'm not as good a tech as the guy at the guitar shop. But I definitely care more about THIS guitar. And will take the time to get it just right.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2